Maritime Operations and Skills Programs & RYA/MCA Approved Marine Courses in Mallaig UHI
Established in 2010 after a merger of Lochaber College and Skye & Wester Ross College in Scotland, West Highland College UHI is a college of further and higher education in the West Highlands. The college is part of the University of the Highlands and Islands (UHI) and operates from a number of college centers across the area including Auchtertyre, Broadford, Fort William, Kilchoan, Kinlochleven, Mallaig, Portree, Strontian and Ullapool.
The Mallaig Centre is the result of a merger of Mallaig Learning Centre & Marine Training Centre. The centre provides training and education opportunities for those looking to start or enhance their maritime skills. The centre also acts as a training provider for RYA and MCA approved courses for the leisure and commercial mariners.
West Highland College UHI offers education and training up to degree and postgraduate level in the highlands. Mallaig is a port in Lochaber, on the west coast of the Highlands of Scotland.
Education & Training
Fulltime Maritime Programs
- Maritime Skills Certificate: By using a combination of practical and theoretical units, this course is specifically aimed at developing skills, valued by employers in the maritime sector, at local, national and international level.
- Shipping and Maritime Operations NC Level 6: This course will enable you to progress to further qualifications which form part of deck and engineer officer training programs or alternatively if you wish to follow a career in shore based maritime operations.
- Powerboat Level 2
- Powerboat Intermediate
- Powerboat Advanced
- VHF Radio
- Day Skipper Theory,
- Coastal Skipper/Yachtmaster Theory
- STCW Personal Survival Techniques (PST)
- STCW Elementary First Aid (EFT)
- STCW Personal Safety & Social Responsibility (PSSR)
LAST UPDATED ON Mar 17, 2019