Translate to Your Language
Logistics, Supply Chain Management, Cold Chain Management, Warehousing Operations, Freight Logistics & International Trade Training at the SLA The Logistics Academy (TLA)
Established since 1973, Singapore Logistics Association (SLA) aims to represent Singapore logistics and is thrust to advance professionalism and excellence to promote high standards in industry practices. Its growing membership of more than 440 business entities today offers a diverse scope of logistics and ancillary support services. As a trade association, SLA seeks to fulfill its objects in close collaboration and engagement with logistics companies & professionals, institutions & academia, industry organizations and partners, government agencies as well as international organizations & businesses.
SLA The Logistics Academy (TLA) upholds the SLA’s mission to promote professionalism and excellence in the logistics industry in contributing positively to standard developments by grooming and retaining talents in the logistics industry. As a distinctive feature of a holistic approach to experiential learning, industry practitioners will continue to form the Academy pool of expertise to impart knowledge and facilitate sharing of experiences and skills. The learning outcome drives towards skilled and productive logisticians who will then help promote and sustain Singapore as a premier logistics hub.
TLA Diploma Programs
- Advanced Diploma in Supply Chain Management (16 months including Research project): The course aims to equip participants with key skills and knowledge required to perform effectively in a supply chain management environment.
- Diploma in Integrated Logistics Management (14 months): The course aims to equip participants with key skills and knowledge required to perform effectively in a logistics management environment.
- Diploma in International Freight Management (14 months): The course aims to equip participants with key skills and knowledge required to perform effectively in a freight and logistics management environment.
- Certificate in Applying IMDG Code (3 days): The objective of the IMDG Code is to enhance the safe transport of dangerous goods while facilitating the free unrestricted movement of such goods. The course aims to impart knowledge and applications skills in IMDG Code.
- Certificate in Logistics Operations (4 days & night classes 12 evenings): Besides providing for an alternative pathway to bridge to the Specialist Diploma programs, it also equips the applicants or prospective learners with the foundational skills at entry level necessary to perform competently in the logistics & freight forwarding sector.
Specialist Certificate Programs
- Specialist Certificate in Chemical Logistics Management (3 days)
- Specialist Certificate in Cold Chain Management (Pharmaceuticals & Medical Devices) (3 days)
- Specialist Certificate in Effective Purchasing Management (3 days)
- Specialist Certificate in Inventory Control & Materials Management (3 days)
- Specialist Certificate in Warehouse Management - Design & Operations (3 days)
Workforce Skills Qualifications (AOP)
- Manage Supply Chain Operations (AOP) (2 hours)
- Manage Multi-Modal Project Transportation (AOP) (2 hours)
- Manage Trade Instruments, Document & Regulations for International Transport (AOP) (2 hours)
Attach and Train Program (AnT)
- Professional Certificate in Supply Chain Management & Logistics Operations (AnT) (10 days)
Continuous Learning Programs
- Airfreight Forwarding Appreciation (1 day)
- Appreciation Course on Handling of Lithium Batteries by Air (1 day)
- How to Leverage MS-Excel in Logistics (2 days)
- ICC Incoterms 2010 (1 day)
- International Trade & Effective Handling / Processing of Letter of Credit (2 days)
- IoT & Big Data Disrupting SCM (Supply Chain Management) (1 day)
- Lean Six-Sigma in Logistics I (1 day)
- Lean Six-Sigma in Logistics II (1 day)
- Lean Six-Sigma in Logistics III (1 day)
- SCM Future Trend - Big Data and IoT Applications (1 day)
- Seafreight Forwarding Operations (1 day)
- Shipping Documentation - Dos and Don'ts (1 day)
- Standard Trading Conditions (2 days)
- Tactical Logistics Solutions with Excel and VBA program (2 days)
- Transportation Insurance Workshop (1 day)
- Understand the Cost Impact on Your Business (1 day)
- Workshop on Project Forwarding (1 day)
LAST UPDATED ON Aug 15, 2018