RYA Approved Day Skipper Theory Course Online - Comprehensive Introduction to Seamanship Skills for Inexperienced Skippers at Splash Sea School
Located at Winchester (Hampshire) UK, Splash Sea School is an accredited RYA Training Centre and provides Online RYA Theory Courses for beginners or experienced sailors looking for an RYA certification at the comfort of home.
The RYA Day Skipper theory course is a full and comprehensive introduction to seamanship skills for inexperienced skippers. Covering all that you need to know for safe cruising, this course is for those who want to develop the skills to manage and be in charge of a small craft in daytime in familiar waters.
The Day Skipper theory course is suitable for newcomers to navigation theory and also covers the theory requirements for experienced sailors wishing to reach International Certificate of Competence (ICC) knowledge level
The course will set you on the road to navigation expertise - whether you want to day sail or move on to crew superyachts. Tides, lights, weather and planning passages are just a few of the topics that you will soon learn to master with the help of the Splash team and technology.
Day Skipper Online Training
The Splash course is suitable for those with a range of sailing experience, from newcomer to experienced. As the course is self-paced, you can spend more time on topics that are new to you, and move more quickly through subjects where you might just need to top-up your knowledge.
Online Course Materials Provided
- RYA Electronic Chart Plotter
- RYA Day Skipper Shorebased Notes book
- RYA DS1 Exercises and Course Information book
- RYA Training Chart 3
- RYA Training Chart 4
- RYA Training Almanac
- Reeds Skipper's Handbook - (course reference book)
- Splash Chart Plotter Breton Style, Dividers - single handed
- 2B chartwork pencil
- Special pencil eraser for chartwork
- Splash rucksack with reflective strip
Day Skipper Course Content
- Nautical Terms
- The Magnetic Compass
- Position, Course and Speed
- Tidal Streams
- GPS & Electronic Aids to Navigation
- Echo Sounders
- Navigation Drawing Instruments
- Rule of the Road
- Safety at Sea
- Navigation in Restricted Visibility
- Passage Planning
- Marine Environment
- Visual Aids To Navigation
- Position Fix
Make Good Use of the Lockdown - Join Now!