Customs Procedures, Dangerous Goods, Security, Import/Export and International Trade Procedures Courses in UK
Based in London, the British International Freight Association (BIFA) is the trade association for UK-registered companies engaged in international movement of freight by all modes of transport, air, road, rail and sea. BIFA has around 1500 companies in the logistics and supply chain management sector, who offer a wide range of services within these various modes.
Members of BIFA are organizations engaged in the movement of freight to/from the UK by all modes of transport: air, road, sea and rail. Some members are also involved in providing customs clearance and other cross border controls.
BIFA provides industry training not only to members, but also to international traders. Courses are run throughout the year in various locations in UK. The subjects covered include customs procedures, dangerous goods, security, import/export and international trade procedures.
Professional Development Training
Freight Forwarding Courses
- BTEC Level 2 Intermediate Award in Multimodal International Freight Procedures (4-6 weeks): This course is designed for anyone involved in any part of the freight process -forwarders, integrators, intermediaries, agents, shippers, carriers and operators in all modes, importers, exporters, distributors and logisticians. This is a nationally recognized qualification which is accredited by Edexcel at BTEC Level 2. Successful candidates receive two certificates, one from Edexcel and one from BIFA. The course encompasses five days attendance, spread equally over the period, including work-based assignments and projects.
- Freight Forwarding Essentials: A one and a half day course for those new to forwarding, designed to allow delegates to gain basic experience of the overall processes. This course focuses on the requirements of forwarders and intermediaries.
- Apprenticeships in Freight Forwarding
Customs Procedures Courses
- BTEC Intermediate Award in Customs Export and Import Procedures (4-6 weeks): This is a Diploma originally developed by BIFA with HM Customs & Excise in line with their long-term freight policy and accredited by BTEC (Business & Technology Education Council). The course encompasses five days attendance, spread equally over the period, including work-based assignments and projects.
- Customs Declaration Training - Online: This course, is aimed at those who want to gain a better understanding of Customs regimes and how to complete a Customs declaration.
- Customs Essentials: A one and a half day course designed for those who have a basic awareness of export and import procedures but who need to gain a better understanding of Customs regimes.
Dangerous Goods Courses
- Dangerous Goods By Sea
- Dangerous Goods Safety Advisor
- Carriage Of Lithium Batteries By Sea
- Carriage Of Lithium Batteries By Road & Sea
- Carriage Of Lithium Batteries - All Modes
- Careers in Freight Forwarding