RYA Accredited Essential Navigation and Seamanship, Day Skipper Theory, and Yachtmaster Theory Courses Online - This school is no longer operational
Located at Winchester (Hampshire) UK, Splash Sea School is an accredited RYA Training Centre and provides Online RYA Theory Courses for beginners or experienced sailors looking for an RYA certification at the comfort of home. The school was created from the twin passions for sailing and learning, offering the best teaching program to give you the best sailing experience.
With students span across the world in around 42 different countries, the courses are fully compatible with all modern devices, and the state of the art cloud servers are fully backed-up ensuring your course will be there when you want it. Also all the reference books and tools you will need are included in the course. Your tutor monitors your progress and provides regular contact with online support available 24/7.
if you follow the course and work with your tutor’s help you will achieve the standard required. With a 100% pass rate, Splash learning system is clever and unique with an interactive database which records your progress and answers and helps your tutor guide and modify your learning path, giving you in depth understanding of all the topics. Online quizzes and exams give you instant feedback on your learning progress and achievements.
Online Training Programs
RYA Essential Navigation and Seamanship (Beginner Course)
- RYA Essential Navigation and Seamanship Course is is the basic introduction for anyone looking to spend time on the water. Tailored for those new to boating, anglers, divers, dinghy and keelboat sailors wishing to extend their horizons. Equally suitable for all types of craft, power and sail, from Albacore dinghies to Zapcat racers.
- This course provides a solid foundation in concepts which later RYA qualifications will expand upon. It teaches the basic essentials of navigation and chart-reading, how to recognize navigation buoys at sea, how tides and weather forecasts work and how to get started planning routes across the water.
- The course does not assume any previous knowledge of chartwork or boat-handling, making this an ideal course for anyone who is new to the world of navigation or looking to learn the theory essentials to support their practical experience.
RYA Day Skipper Theory Course
- RYA Day Skipper Theory Online Course takes your theory skills to the level needed to attain the Powerboat Level 2 practical or for the International Certificate of Competence (ICC) and is the level demanded by most charter companies.
- This course is a full and comprehensive introduction to seamanship skills for inexperienced skippers. It covers all that you need to know for safe cruising and this course is for those who want to develop the skills to manage and be in charge of a small craft in daytime in familiar waters.
- The Day Skipper course covers the theory requirements for an ICC (International Certificate of Competence) and more.
Yachtmaster Coastal/Offshore Theory Course
- RYA Yachtmaster Coastal/Offshore qualification is widely accepted as part of the studies required for more advanced professional qualifications such as Officer of the Watch (OOW) and Master 200 and is seen as indicative of a very high standard of seamanship.
- The course covers advanced topics like vessel stability and AIS systems in addition to helping students to develop more accurate and precise plotting skills. This level of course is essential for those who plan to go on and complete professional qualifications for a career at sea.
This school is no longer operational