Translate to Your Language
Logistics, Supply Chain & Procurement Management Education and, CIPS Training in Pontypridd
University of South Wales (USW) was established in 2013 resulting from a merger between two institutions of higher learning - University of Glamorgan and the University of Wales, Newport in Wales. Both the institutions that have come together to create the University of South Wales have a rich and varied history, and can each trace their roots back more than 100 years. Treforest and Glyntaff make up the Pontypridd Campus, the University of South Wales' largest campus. Other campuses include Cardiff, Newport City, USW Sport Park and Caerleon.
University of South Wales graduates find suitable employment in companies such as British Airways, General Electric, Sony and Tata to the NHS, local authorities and the BBC. The university has a strong history in working with business. USW has a strong record of employability, with 95% of the graduates in employment or further study six months after completing their courses according to HEFCW Performance Indicator 2012/13 (HESA).
The University of South Wales is a preferred provider of professional and Masters level qualifications for the Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport (CILT) and the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS).
- BA (Hons) Business and Supply Chain Management (Top Up, 1 year full-time): Specifically designed for students who have already obtained a HND or equivalent qualification, the BA (Hons) Business and Supply Chain Management allows you to top up to a full bachelor degree in less than year.
- BA (Hons) Logistics and Supply Chain Management (3 years full-time, 4 years with work placement): This growing specialist area is a key part of any business. Supply chain managers handle the majority of an organization’s spending and they control international logistics that facilitate global trade. You’ll gain experience of working with industry, either through a year-long sandwich placement, an internship or an employment experience project. The degree is accredited by the Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply (CIPS).
- MSc International Logistics and Supply Chain Management (1 year full-time): This course will provide you with the specialist knowledge to manage and adapt supply chains, and pioneer logistics in a growing field of industry. If you are looking to refine your skills or further progress within the profession, this course will enable you to gain a better understanding of how to apply strategic thinking in senior decision-making roles. The course is also accredited by the Institute of Operations Management (IOM), CIPS & CILT (UK).
- MSc Strategic Procurement Management (1 year full-time): Graduates from this Masters course have the specialist knowledge to co-ordinate and adapt their purchasing and supply chain activities, and respond to the dynamic needs of a modern business. This course is accredited by CIPS.
CIPS Professional Programs
- CIPS Diploma in Procurement and Supply (1 year, part-time): The Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply (CIPS) Professional Diploma is awarded to those who successfully meet the requirements of the Diploma or Advanced Diploma stages. The Diploma is the first stage. Once this has been awarded, you can then proceed to the Advanced Diploma and then the Professional Diploma.
- CIPS Professional Diploma in Procurement and Supply (1 year, part-time): This qualification is in line with the government’s National Qualification Framework and contains modules on contemporary topics that are essential in procurement and supply chain management.