Change the Language
Maritime and Air Transport Management & Economics Education at Centre for Maritime and Air Transport Management (C-MAT)
The University of Antwerp (Universiteit Antwerpen - UA) is one of the major Belgian universities located in the city of Antwerp and characterized by its high standards in education, internationally competitive research and entrepreneurial approach. The university has about 13.000 students, which makes it the third largest university in Flanders, with 1,800 international students. The University has 4 campuses situated in the historic city center of Antwerp and in the green belt to the south of the city.
Founded in 2003, the university was created after the merger of three university institutions previously known as RUCA, UFSIA and UIA and the roots go back to 1852. The University of Antwerp forms the backbone of the Antwerp University Association (AUHA) a strategic collaboration with four.
C-MAT at the University of Antwerp is one of the world's premier suppliers of highly specialised academic as well as practice-based education and research in transport economics, with a focus on maritime and air transport. C-MAT was earlier known as Institute of Transport & Maritime Management (ITMMA).
Academic & Short Term Programs
- Advanced Master in Maritime and Air Transport Management (MTMM) - 1 year: The Advanced Master in Maritime and Air Transport Management (MTMM) prepares its graduates for the challenges faced by transport companies today, enabling people in the transport sector to upgrade their knowledge and abilities through state-of-the-art specialist courses, combined with general management training.
- Advanced Master in Maritime and Air Transport Economics (MTME) - 1 year: The Advanced Master in Maritime and Air Transport Economics (MTME) is intended for young university or college graduates wishing to pursue a more methodological and quantitative training in transport economics to enhance their future careers in research or business.
- PhD Programs: Students can apply to do a PhD at the Department of Transport and Regional Economics (TPR) of the Faculty of Applied Economics at the University of Antwerp. In order to qualify, it is recommended to have successfully completed the advanced Master in Maritime and Air Transport Economics (MTME).
These programs are announced from time to time. A sample list of past programs conducted at C-MAT is given below:
- Port Economics and Business
- Maritime Economics and Business
- Maritime Supply Chains
- Research and methodological courses
- Advanced Industrial Economics
- Research Methodology
- Transport Modelling
MTMM & MTME Programs
- All programmes require a university or university college degree (minimum 4-year full-time programme) in a relevant subject.s. English language requirement such as IELTS 6.5 is required for certain nationalities.
An overview of previous education, MTME scores if available, a detailed CV, a research proposal, in case the PhD was started already - an overview of the PhD work as to date, a motivation letter & a proof of good English