Change the Language
Logistics and Supply Chain Management Education and Research in Germany
Kuehne Logistics University (Wissenschaftliche Hochschule für Logistik und Unternehmensführung - THE KLU) is a private, independent and state-recognized university. THE KLU is dedicated to teaching and research of logistics as a core element of globally organized management. THE KLU is located in the heart of Europe’s largest urban development project, the waterside HafenCity in Hamburg. Hamburg, as the world’s ninth-largest seaport, is an important logistics center.
The KLU's two departments, Logistics and Management & Economics, cover the whole spectrum of university education and executive education, from the Bachelor’s degrees and Master programs to a structured PhD program. Research encompasses logistics areas such as maritime logistics, supply chain management and operations management with a focus on sustainability.
- MSc in Global Logistics and Supply Chain Management: Master Logistics and Supply Chain Management lays the foundation for your rise into a top executive position, combining the themes logistics and supply chain management, management and leadership in a unique way. The master program is taught in English.
- PhD: THE KLU is seeking highly talented candidates who want to pursue an academic career and are interested in doing research. THE KLU will screen every applicant to identify suitable candidates’ unique talents. In accordance with international standards and practices, the program is composed of four years.
- Executive MBA in Leadership & Logistics: The Executive MBA in Leadership & Logistics is an exciting educational experience focused on preparing high potential professionals to become global leaders in supply chain operations and management. Students completing this program acquire practical knowledge and skills enabling them to lead and manage global businesses having complex international operations.
- International Summer School - Supply Chain and Logistics Management: The summer program in Supply Chain and Logistics Management is delivered in collaboration with Fisher College of Business, The Ohio State University. The program includes twelve professionally organized days of executive learning experience with outstanding international lecturers and balanced mix of theory and practice. There are corporate visit arranged to the logistics metropolis Hamburg. Participants are awarded Certificate from Kühne Logistics University.
- Seminars in SCM & Logistics: The seminars in our executive education portfolio pick up on current developments and industry trends ranging from breakthrough technologies, strategies for future markets and CO2-optimized transport chains amongst other hot topics.
- Symposium / Forum in SCM, Logistics & International Trade: Kühne Logsitics University is member of Hamburg Forum on International Trade ( HFIH). The forum is aiming at building up a basis to discuss the legal and economic issues of international trade. Members of the forum are Bucerius Education GmbH, KLU, and Hamburger Zollakademie. They organize conferences and symposiums on a regular basis.
- MSc Program: Required is a bachelor’s degree or equivalent from a recognized university or college in Germany or abroad and an excellent academic record. The required bachelor’s degree will usually be in business or economics. Other fields such as industrial engineering, business informatics or mathematics will be considered if your bachelor’s degree consists of a sufficient number (at least four) and a variety of courses in the field of business administration or business economics. A very good level of spoken and written English TOEFL (550/213/79) or IELTS (band 6.5) or equivalent
- PhD Program: Masters degree or equivalent from a recognized university and an excellent academic record; Indicate their research interest (logistics, marketing or leadership); Outline their previous gained knowledge of subject related methodologies; Comprehensive CV and academic transcripts; GMAT or GRE taken within the last three years (not obligatory); and, Proof of your proficiency in English / Copy of TOEFL or IELTS score.
- Executive MBA: Bachelor’s degree or a comparable degree in a relevant study programme from a foreign or German university. Prerequisite for admission is in general a bachelor’s degree with 240 ECTS. All fields of study may qualify for admission. At least five years of relevant professional experience since graduation is required. Minimum IELTS band is 6.5. If the applicant does not hold a first academic degree, admission may be made subject to the condition that the applicant takes an entrance examination.