Marine Repair Technician, Apprentice & Entry Level Program at NTC Afton Campus, Oklahoma
Formed in 1969, Northeast Technology Center (NTC) is a public career and technology education center located in Afton, Pryor, Kansas and Claremore, Oklahoma and provides career and technical education to the residents of Mayes, Craig, Rogers, Ottawa and Delaware counties, as well as parts of Cherokee, Nowata and Wagoner counties. NTC is part of the Oklahoma Department of Career and Technology Education system.
Through its full-time daytime classes, short-term evening classes, and its Business and Industry Services and training, Northeast Tech serves well over 25,000 participants every year. On-the-job training (OJT) is a privilege gained by students who satisfactorily complete academic coursework and develop the expected skill level necessary to enter the workforce.
NTC’s Afton Campus has been serving the citizens of for more than 40 years and provides 14 full-time classes which are referred to as Career Pathways. Each of these programs prepares students for a variety of career opportunities that exist within that specific pathway and, caters to over 500 students.
Marine Mechanic Programs
- Marine Service Technology Program: This career training program, only available at the Afton Campus, provides students with the most advanced marine mechanic training, basic skills and competencies to repair boats that industry requires as an entry-level service technician, prepares them for certification courses offered by the engine and boat manufacturers and earns them credit towards industry certification offered by the engine and boat manufacturers.
- With the support of recognized industry leaders in marine manufacturing, such as Mercury Marine, Evinrude and Yamaha, you can become a successful marine mechanic and launch your new career in the marine industry. NTC's Marine Service Technology Program may be known elsewhere as the Outboard Motor Repair or Marine Power. Please find below the different career path programs.
- Undergraduate certificate in Marine Repair Technician (9 months): Total of 960 hours program
- Undergraduate certificate in Marine Repair Technician Apprentice (6 months): Total of 600 hours program
- Marine Service - Entry Level (4-5 months): Total of 495 hours program