USCG Exam Study Materials & Maritime Books, Nautical & Navigational Charts, Electronic Charts and Navigation Software
Mariners seeking USCG Deck Certification are required to complete the USCG deck examination, in addition to service at sea, hands-on training and successful demonstration of applicable skills. Deck officer endorsements that are required to be examined are outlined in Title 46 of the Code of Federal of Regulations (CFR) Chapter 1 Subchapter B Part 11.
American Nautical Services (ANS) is a Marine Surveying & Consulting firm and Nautical Chart & Maritime Book store serving the marine industry since 1977. ANS was recently granted a contract with the General Services Administration (GSA) to supply nautical charts and maritime publications to the Federal Government. The products include - Maritime Books and related products; Paper Charts; Digital Charts and Software; Specialty Hazmat Compliance Software; and more.
Amazon also stocks large collections of USCG Exam prep materials through its specialized stores such as Maryland Nautical.
USCG Exam Study Guides & Materials
USCG Deck Exam Study Materials - Muphy's Guides
Murphy's Deck Officers Study Guides Volumes 1-6
Preparation for the U.S. Coast Guard multiple choice Merchant Marine License examinations for
- Master (Oceans and Near Coastal, Any Gross Tons),
- Chief mate (Oceans and Near Coastal, Any Gross Tons),
- Second Mate (Oceans and Near Coastal, Any Gross Tons),
- Third Mate (Oceans and Near Coastal, Any Gross Tons),
- Master & Mate (Limited Licenses),
- Comprehensive Renewal Exercise (All Grades of License),
- Rules of the Road Exercise (All Grades of License).
Set of study 6 guides (avalable indvidually as well)
- Deck General
- Navigation General
- Deck Safety
- Rules of the Road
- Navigation Problems
- Deck Exam Illustration Book
USCG Deck Exam Study Materials - MET Guides
Marine Education Textbooks (MET) publishes and distributes study material to assist qualified candidates obtain certain Coast Guard Merchant Marine Credentials (MMC).
Able seaman & Lifeboatman Study Guide Volumes 1-2: Exam questions, answers and illustrations for the Coast Guard Able seaman (All Grades) and Lifeboatman license preparation course. The book includes considerable text material, numerous illustrations, some essay-type questions and answers.
Lifeboatman Study Guide: This book is extracted the necessary study material from the Able seaman and Lifeboatman textbooks to provide complete preparation for this endorsement.
Limited Master, Mate & Operator Sudy Guides Volumes 1-5: Limited Master Mate & Operator Books 1, 2, 3, 4 & 5 will prepare you for U. S. Coast Guard endorsements to 100 gross register tons (GRT).
You will also need to study subjects in Books 6 & 7 for larger tonnage endorsements up to 1,600 GRT (3,000 tons ITC). In addition every original exam for a USCG endorsement including Apprentice Mate/Steersman for towing vessels and Able seaman calls for knowledge of the Navigation Rules. Towing vessel officer endorsement candidates in addition to the Navigation Rules need to study material in the Towing Vessel Officer’s Guide and then on to additional exam subjects.
Navigation Rules For International & Inland Waters Study Guide: Navigation rules for international and inland waters including the great lakes and western rivers.
Tankerman (All Grades) USCG Study Guide: Tankerman is neither a deck nor an engine rating. The Coast Guard requires your attendance at formal training classes to earn any Tankerman Endorsement. This book will help prepare you for these classes and may serve as your textbook. It contains text material without USCG multiple choice questions and answers.
USCG Engine Exam Study Materials - MET Guides
Workboat Engineer & Oiler Study Guides Volumes 1-5: Workboat Engineer and Oiler, Revised Series can help every limited-tonnage Engineer Officer candidate and/or Oiler rating to prepare for his/her National USCG professional exam in limited engineer exams, DDE, OSV, OFIV and more.
Engineering Examination Illustrations Book: Illustrations as referenced by the examination questions are contained in this book.
Illustrations Workbook Volumes 1-4: The new edition of the USCG Illustrations Workbooks has been written to assist marine engineers in studying and preparing for the USCG Marine Engineering License Exams. It include subjects such as - Motor Plants, General Subjects & Refrigeration, Gas Turbines, and Electrical.
USCG Marine Engineering License Exam Books Volumes 1-3: For assistant engineer, first assistant / chief engineer, and qmed.
USCG Captains License Online Training & Study Guides
- OUPV/Six-pack Captain’s License
- 25/50 or 100 Ton Master Captain’s License
- OUPV Upgrade to 25/50 or 100 Ton Master Captain’s License
- Auxiliary Sailing Endorsement
- Assistance Towing Endorsement
- Deck License Renewal
If not available at Amazon, you may check AM Nautical Marine Store
Martime Books, Charts & Other Products
- US National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration NOAA Charts
- US National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency NGA Charts
- Canadian Hydrographic Service CHS Charts
- U.K. Hydrographic Office UKHO Charts
- Norwegian Mapping Authority NHS Charts
- Admiralty Vector Chart Service: The Admiralty Vector Chart Service (AVCS) offers over 15,800 Electronic Navigational Charts (ENCs) from hydrographic offices worldwide. It is the most robust and comprehensive digital maritime chart service globally. Charts are available in value-added packages that are quality assured by the United Kingdom Hydrographic Office (UKHO).
- Admiralty Raster Chart Service: Admiralty Raster Chart Service (ARCS) makes nautical charts offered by the United Kingdom Hydrographic Office (UKHO) portfolio available in a convenient electronic format. Wide-ranging, official coverage of global commercial shipping routes, major ports and harbors with many scales and a selection of over 3,000 charts is available. To provide maximum flexibility, ARCS charts are available to be licensed on a chart by chart basis.
- Admiralty ECDIS Service: The Admiralty Electronic Chart Display and Information System (ECDIS) Service provides a comprehensive package of digital charts tailored to meet the needs of mariners looking to stay compliant with the chart carriage requirements from the convention and keep up-to-date in the digital navigation advancement in the maritime industry. The service combines both the (AVCS) and the (ARCS) to provide the most complete and advanced digital chart service.
- C-Map Digital Charts: C-Map NT+ Charts, C-Map Max Charts, C-Map Max-N Charts, C-Map Max-N+ Charts, and C-Map 4D Charts
- Garmin Digital Charts: BlueChart® g2 Vision® HD Digital Charts & BlueChart® g2 HD Digital Charts
- Navionics Digital Charts: Navionics+, Navionics+ Regions, Navionics Platinum+, Navionics Hotmaps Platinum, and Navionics updates
- NV Charts (SD / microSD Card): They include all NV chart regions on SD memory cards, europe, Caribbean, and US East Coast. Coverage includes harbor details for all chart regions, all carefully selected to provide seamless continuity without interruption when navigating. NV Chart florida - Bahamas, NV Chart US East Coast North & Bermuda, NV Chart US East Coast Middle & Bermuda, NV Chart france, and NV Chart Caribbean & Bermuda.
- MapMedia Digital Charts: Wide range of charts available including updates
- Recreational Charts & Planning Charts: Available are waterproof charts and recreational chart kits, each tailored to provide a comprehensive look at a series of commonly sailed marine areas to popular destination spots. Decorative and historical nautical charts are sure to be the perfect addition to any office, bridge, work space, or home.
- IMDG Code & 49 CFR e-Learning
- Admiralty Digital Publications
- CTUpack e-learning
- IMDG Code & 49 CFR e-Learning
- IMDG Code & 49 CFR Compliance Systems
- Rose Point Navigation System
- Chart Weights
- Magnetic Compasses
- Miscellaneous Navigation Tools
- Navigation Calculators
- Navigation Kits
- Lamps & Lights
- Pens & Pencils
- Parallel Rulers
- Plaques & Bases
- Plotting Tools
- SOS Distress Light and Flag
- Anchoring & Mooring
- Atlas, Dictionaries, & Encyclopedias
- Barge & Offshore Operations
- Basic Documents and Resolutions
- British Admiralty Publications
- Bulk Carrier & Tanker Operations
- Celestial Navigation
- Cruising Guides
- Electronic Chart Display & Information System (ECDIS
- Fire & Safety Plans
- Hazardous Materials
- IMDG Code
- IMO Model Courses
- Legal Matters
- Log Books
- Marine Engineering
- Marine Environment Protection
- Marine Law, Insurance, & Economics
- Marine Surveying
- Marine Technology
- Maritime Safety
- Medical & Survival
- Nautical Almanacs
- Navigation & Rescue
- Passage Planning
- Guides to Ports
- Port & Terminal Operations
- Sailing & Yachting
- Ship Building, Buying, & Maintenance
LAST UPDATED ON Jan 26, 2020