UGCG Approved Online OUPV (Six Pack) / Master (25/50/100 Ton) Deck License Renewal Program with Mariners Learning System (MLS)
Located in Pennington NJ, Mariners Learning System (MLS) provides U.S. Coast Guard Certified Licensing Courses with their flexible online training. With more than 25,000 students enrolled, a success rate of over 98% and the flexibility to study at your own pace, Mariners Learning System™ is one the best choice for obtaining your Captain’s License and is very popular among license aspirants.
The OUPV (Six-pack) / Master 25/50/100 Ton Deck License Renewal program provides mariners an opportunity to renew their U.S. Coast Guard License if you are not able to show sea service during the past five years. Certificates that the Coast Guard will accept in lieu of actual time on the water will be awarded upon completion.
To renew the OUPV/Master Deck License you must be able to show 360 days (one year) of sea service during the past five years. This must be verified by completing the Small Vessel Sea Service Form or by providing a letter from a vessel owner/company verifying your sea service.
An alternative to meeting the one-year sea service requirement is to take the Mariners Learning System™ Deck License Renewal Course. Upon completion of the MLS online course, you take the final Proctored Exam after which a Certificate of Completion will be issued, which is accepted by USCG.
- TWIC Card
- Physical Examination
- Drug Test
- OUPV/Master Captain's license
- Complete the USCG License Renewal Application (Form CG-719B)
- Learn more
MLS Deck License Renewal Online
- OUPV/Master Deck License Renewal: The Deck License Renewal course provides mariners an opportunity to renew their U.S. Coast Guard License in place of the required sea service (360 days in the past 5 years). Many Boat Captain's find themselves nearing renewal but for various reasons cannot meet the Coast Guard's one year service requirement.
- License Testing Locations: Mariners Learning System has Coast Guard approved testing facilities located throughout the country and provides two ways to take your final proctored exam. You can take your exam online through MLS system or sign up to have your exam in-person at one of MLS approved testing facilities. Learn more on the proctored exam..
- Exam Modules: Rules of the Road & Deck General/Safety (50 questions with 90% required for pass)