Liberian Registry (LISCR) Approved Maritime Safety and Security Training Programs and Refresher Courses Online Accepted by UK-MCA, Panama, Malta & Other STCW Whitelisted Countries
SQLearn is a training center approved by the Liberian Registry and ABS and offers e-learning courses for seafarers, cruise ship crews and yachts crews. The E-learning platform and programs are certified by the American Bureau of Shipping (ABS) according to ABS Standards for Certification of Maritime Education Facilities & Training Courses. Deatils of the individual courses of the STCW Basic Training refresher and STCW Security Training courses are given below
Basic safety training refresher program contains 4 courses (Personal survival techniques, Fire prevention and fire fighting, Elementary first aid and Personal safety & social responsibilities) that meet the mandatory minimum requirements as per STCW Safety familiarization for Seafarers according Sections A-VI/1-1/2/3/4 of the SCTW Code. This certificate is valid for 5 years and the refresher course is for all who already have a Basic Safety STCW certificate and must take the compulsory refresher course once every 5 years.
All seafarers and those who work onboard must have security related training - Proficiency in security awareness. Proficiency in designated security duties. Proficiency in designated security duties applies to a seafarer who is designated to perform security duties as stated in the Ship Security Plan. As per the ISPS Code and STCW 2010 Regulation VI/6, Security training is a requirement and only need once in the seafarer’s career as there is no requirement for refreshment or revalidation.
The certificates are accepted by all flags that accept IMO STCW whitelisted approved training including - UK MCA , Panama, Malta, Liberia, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Cooks Island, Dominica, Egypt, Hong Kong & P.R.C, Indonesia, Kenya, Malaysia, Marshall Islands, Morocco, Oman, Palau, Tanzania, and Taiwan. For further confirmation you can check with your employer.
- STCW Basic Training (BT/BST) Refresher Online
- STCW Personal Survival Techniques (PST) Refresher Online
- STCW Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting (FPFF) Refresher Online
- STCW Personal Safety and Social Responsibilities (PSSR) Online
- STCW Elementary First Aid (EFA) Online
- STCW Crowd Management on Passenger Ships Online
- STCW Crisis Management and Human Behavior for Passenger Ships Online
- STCW Train The Trainer Online
- Onboard Ship Assessment (STCW A-I/6)
- Training Course for Instructors (STCW A-I/6)
- Ship Safety Officer (ISM)
- STCW Designated Security Duties (PDSD) Online
- STCW Security Awareness (PSA) Online
- STCW Ship Security Officer (SSO) Online
STCW Online Training Programs
STCW Basic Training Refresher Bundles Online
- STCW Basic Refresher / Revalidation Training Online - 4 courses (Liberian Registry Approved):Basic safety training revalidation bundle consists of following certifications - Personal survival techniques (PST), Fire prevention and fire fighting (FPFF), Personal safety and social responsibilities (PSSR), and Elementary first aid (EFA). This bundle, approved by the Liberian Registry and fully compliant with all requirements of Sections A-VI/1-1,2,3,4 of the SCTW Code. The certificates are issued upon each course completion (one certificate per course). Read more on STCW Basic Refresher / Update Online
- STCW PST and FPFF Refresher Training Online - 2 courses (Liberian Registry Approved): This bundle contains two (2) STCW Basic Training Courses namely Personal Survival Techniques (PST) & Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting (FPFF). Approved by the Liberian Registry, accepted by flags that recognize IMO white list approved training and is fully compliant with all requirements of Sections A-VI/1-1,2 of the SCTW Code. The certificates are issued upon each course completion (one certificate per course). Read more on STCW PST and FPFF Refresher Refresher / Update Online
STCW Refresher Individual Courses Online
- STCW Personal survival techniques (PST) Refresher Online (Liberian Registry Approved): The aim of this course is to meet the mandatory minimum standards of competence for seafarers for safety familiarization, basic training and instruction in personal survival techniques in accordance with section A-VI/1, and as set out in table A-VI/1-1 of the STCW Code.
- STCW Fire prevention and fire fighting (FPFF) Refresher Online (Liberian Registry Approved): This course aims to provide training for candidates in fire prevention and firefighting, based on the guidelines of STCW Section A-VI/1 and IMO Model Course 1.20. This course covers the requirements of STCW 78/95, Section A-VI/1, Par. 2, Table A-VI/2 on meeting the minimum standard of competence in fire prevention and firefighting.
- Personal safety and social responsibilities (PSSR) Online (Liberian Registry Approved): This course aims to meet the mandatory minimum standards of competence in personal safety and social responsibilities in accordance with section A-VI/1 of the STCW Code, Table A-VI/1-4.
- STCW elementary first aid (EFA) Online (Liberian Registry Approved): This course aims to provide the training for candidates to provide elementary first aid on board ship, in accordance with Section A-VI/1 of the STCW Code. This course covers the requirements of the STCW code Convention Chapter VI, Section AV/1, Table A-VI/1-3.
Other STCW Courses Online
- STCW Crisis Management and Human Behavior for Passenger Ships (New & Refresh) - 5 Years Validity: STCW Crisis Management and human behavior online course covers the mandatory minimum requirements for the training of masters, officers, ratings and other personnel on passenger ships in Regulation V/3 pa.7 and 8. of the STCW Convention and specified in Section A-V/3 pa.4 and 5.
- STCW crowd management on Passenger Ships (New & Refresh) - 5 Years Validity: The STCW Crowd management for passenger ships online course aims to provide to masters, officers, ratings and other personnel on passenger ships the necessary training regarding crowd management.
- STCW A-I/6 Train the Trainer (ABS & Liberia Certified): Train the trainer online course aims to prepare instructors and assessors in order to successfully train and assess seafarers in a wide spectrum of topics, with particular reference to STCW Regulation I/6, STCW Code A-I/6 and B-I/6 on training and assessment. The course is a helpful refresher for the experienced instructor and an asset for those with less knowledge on instructional techniques.
- Onboard Ship Assessment (STCW A-I/6): Onboard Ship Assessment online course (STCW Α-I/6) provides participants with the qualification for assessing seafarers level of competence in accordance with international provisions as well as selecting and organizing assessment methodologies (onboard ship assessors). The course is based on key topics of IMO Model Courses 1.30 On board Assessment and 3.12 Assessment, Examination & Certification of Seafarers, STCW Regulation I/6, A-I/6 and is interactive.
- Training Course for Instructors (STCW A-I/6): This course (to IMO model course 6.09) is designed to facilitate the delivery of training in the competence standards required by the IMO Convention on STCW as amended. Its aim is to provide a useful introduction for those with limited teaching experience and introduce new approaches or serve as a reminder of skills and techniques for those who have been teaching for some time.
- Ship safety officer: Under the International Safety Management (ISM) code, every ship must appoint a Ship Safety Officer who has the knowledge, experience, and skills to look over the important safety issues related to ship safety and crew’s well-being.
- STCW Designated security duties (DSD) Online (Liberian Registry Approved): This course aims to provide the knowledge required for seafarers with designated security duties in accordance with the requirements of Chapter XI-2 of SOLAS, the ISPS Code, and section A-VI/6 of the STCW Code.
- STCW security awareness training (PSA) Online (Liberian Registry Approved): This course aims to provide the knowledge required to enable personnel without designated security duties in accordance with the requirements of Chapter XI-2 of SOLAS, the ISPS Code, and section A-VI/6-1 of the STCW Code.
- STCW/ISPS ship security officer (SSO) Online (Liberia Approved): The ship security officer (SSO) online course covers the duties and responsibilities with respect to the security of a ship, for implementing and maintaining a Ship Security Plan and for liaising with the Company Security Officer (CSO) and with Port Facility Security Officers (PFSOs). The framework for this is found in Section A-VI/5 of the 2010 amendments to the STCW Code.
- Company security officer (CSO-Liberia Approved): The aim of this course is to provide adequate knowledge to those who may be designated to perform the duties and responsibilities of a Company security officer, as defined in paragraph 2.1.7 (and paragraph 11) of the ISPS Code, Part A, Annex of MSC/Circ.1154, and the I M O Model Course 3.20.
LAST UPDATED ON Nov 22, 2022