Transport Canada Approved Vessel ISPS Marine Facility Security Officer (MFSO) / Port Facility Security Officer (PFSO) Certification Online by VMA
Port Facility Security Officer (PFSO) is an officer employed by the port and designated as responsible for the development, implementation, revision, and maintenance of the port facility security plan and liaison with the port authorities, SSO and CSO. In Canada, Port Facility Security Officer (PFSO) is defined as Marine Facility Security Officer (MFSO) in the Marine Training Security Regulation (MTSR). Port Facility Security Officer (PFSO) is an important entity under the International Ship and Port Facility (ISPS) code.
According to Transport Canada, A marine facility security officer may act in that capacity for more than one marine facility if they are able to fulfil the responsibilities for each marine facility; have other responsibilities within the marine facility operator’s organization if they are able to fulfil the responsibilities of marine facility security officer; and delegate tasks required by MTSR
The Virtual Maritime Academy (VMA) online course is intended to provide the knowledge required to enable a Marine/Port Facility Security Officer in connection with a Port Facility Security Plan (PFSP) to enhance port security in accordance with the requirements of the ISPS Code. The course is also in compliance with Transport Canada MTSR 304.
MFSO / PFSO Certification Online
MFSO / PFSO Certification
- This course gives the essential education and training to get certified as a Port/Marine Facility Security Ofﬁcer and meeting the requirements set out in the International Ship and Port Facility Security (ISPS) Code. This course is fully approved and certified under Transport Canada.
- The course lasts for approximately 18 hours
- The course is fully online and there is no requirement to attend the assessments in a classroom.
- The learners are required to submit their official Photo ID which is required by Transport Canada.
- Upon successful completion of the online course, a hard copy will be mailed without any charges.
- Acceptance: This is an internationally recognized course. All IMO whitelisted countries accept Transport Canada Approved Courses. For further information, please check with your employer.
MFSO / PFSO Course Content
- Historical Perspective
- Current Security threats and patterns
- Maritime Security Policy
- Security Responsibilities
- Port Security Assessment and On-Scene Inspection
- Security Equipment
- Port Facility Security Plan
- Threat Identification
- Security Levels
- Drills and exercises
- Ship Security Actions
- Contingency plan
- Security Administration
- Security Training
- Plus more
LAST UPDATED ON Apr 29, 2022