This Terms & Policy governs the manner in which EduMaritime Network collects, uses, maintains and discloses information collected from users (each, a "User") of the www.edumaritime.net website ("Site, Website or Edumaritime"). This applies to the Site and all products and services offered or communications and information provided by EduMaritime Network.
By using the www.edumaritime.net website you consent to the data practices described in this statement.
- “End User” or "User" means an end user of www.edumaritime.net site
- “End User Data” or "User Data" means all personal information of an end user including name, emails, phone numbers and other personal data related to the use of EduMaritime Services (device data, timestamps, location, etc.).
- “EduMaritime Properties” means the edumaritime.net or it may also include edumaritime.com or edumaritime.org
- “EduMaritime Services” means the services provided by EduMaritime to End User under this Agreement through www.edumaritime.net website, including all programs, features, functions, content and report formats, and subsequent updates or upgrades of any of the foregoing made generally available by EduMaritime.
- The content of the pages of this site is for your general information and use only and we do not directly represent any institution or company. It is subject to change without notice. While every care has been taken in the compilation of this information and every attempt made to present up-to-date and accurate information, we cannot guarantee that inaccuracies will not occur. Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this site for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by international law.
- EduMaritime will not be held responsible for any claim, loss, damage or inconvenience caused as a result of any information within these pages or any information accessed through this site.
DATA WE COLLECT
- The personal information that you are asked to provide, and the reasons why you are asked to provide it, will be made clear to you at the point we ask you to provide your personal information.
- Data provided by End Users
- Contact Form - When you contact us through the Contact Us Form, we might ask for your contact information, including items such as name, address, email address, and telephone number.
- Communications - If the End User contacts us directly, we may receive additional information about you such as name, email address, the contents of the message and/or attachments he/she may send us, and any other information he/she may choose to provide.
- Data we collect when the End Users use of EduMaritime Services
We only use essential cookies that help us provide you with the service.
- Joomla - Our site runs the popular Joomla CMS and cookies are used to store basic data on your interactions with Joomla, and whether you have logged into Joomla. We use a session cookie to remember your log-in for you if you are a registered user and we deem these as being strictly necessary to the working of the website. If these are disabled then various functionality on the site will be broken.
- Third-party cookies - We might also use other third-party services in order to provide you with EduMaritime Services. These services might set up their own cookies to remember you.
- Read more about cookies and how to manage cookies, you may visit - http://www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/
CLOUDFLARE (CDN & SECURITY) SERVICES
- We use Cloudflare for web optimization and security services to improve and protect our website. These services include features such as a content distribution network, DDoS protection, WAF, SSL certificates and data analytics of the website and visitors. In providing these features, cloudflare may gather certain information regarding use of the sites, and process data submitted by us or which Cloudflare is instructed to process on our behalf. The data typically includes items such as contact information, IP addresses, security fingerprints, DNS log data, and website performance data derived from browser activity.
- Please see more about Cloudflare privacy and cookie policies here - https://www.cloudflare.com/privacypolicy/ & https://www.cloudflare.com/cookie-policy/
- Ads appearing on the site may be delivered to Users by advertising partners, who may set cookies. These cookies allow the ad server to recognize your computer each time they send you an online advertisement to compile non personal identification information about you or others who use your computer. This information allows ad networks to, among other things, deliver targeted advertisements that they believe will be of most interest to you.
- Google's use of the Doubleclick DART cookie enables it and its partners to serve ads to users based on the visit to the Site and/or other sites on the Internet.
- You may opt out of the use of the DART cookie by visiting the advertising opt-out page
- Users can opt out of some (or several), but not all, of these cookies in one location at the Network Advertising Initiative opt-out website at www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp
- Your web browser automatically sends certain information to Google and other advertising networks. This includes the URL of the page you’re visiting and your IP address.
PERSONALIZED ADS (GOOGLE ADSENSE)
- More on Google Adsense Personalized ads your may check this page - https://support.google.com/adsense/answer/9007336?hl=en&ref_topic=7670012
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
- Users may find advertising or other content on our Site that link to the sites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these sites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our Site. In addition, these sites or services including their content and links may be constantly changing. These sites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to our Site, is subject to that website's own terms and policies.
- Affiliate Links - This website may also contain recommendation for related products and services by third party vendors and service providers, which means when you click on a link that is recommended, we may receive a commission. You will not pay more when buying a product through this link. Please note that all the links on this website are not affiliate links and we do not guarantee or liable for any product or service that you may purchase or subscribe to.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
- This site may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
HOW WE USE THE DATA
We use the data we collect in various ways presented below grouped by the legal basis for processing. The processing is our legitimate interest and it is not overridden by your rights
- To provide, operate and maintain EduMaritime Services
- To provide you with reply to your requests made through the contact form
- To find and prevent fraud
- To understand how End Users use EduMaritime Services
- To personalize user experience - We may use information in the aggregate to understand how End Users as a group use the services and resources provided on our Site.
- To develop new content, features, and functionality - We continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you.
- To improve customer service - Your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs.
- To process transactions - We may use the information Users provide about them when placing an order only to provide service to that order. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to provide the service.
- To administer a content, promotion, survey or other Site feature - To send Users information they agreed to receive about topics we think will be of interest to them.
- For compliance purposes, including enforcing our Terms of Service or other legal rights or as may be required by applicable laws and regulations or requested by any judicial process or governmental agency.
- Collect and manage your consents
- Record your requests and the communication between you and EduMaritime regarding your data
THIRD PARTY PROCESSORS
- We are committed to reducing at the minimum the Third-Party Processors that we use to lower the risks of your data being exposed. We also assess and review each one of them in order to make sure they have similar and compliant privacy policies.
HOW WE SHARE YOUR DATA
As a rule, we do not share your data with any third-party. However, we may share your data in the following cases:
- Business Transfers - Information may be disclosed and otherwise transferred to any potential acquirer, successor, or assignee as part of any proposed merger, acquisition, debt financing, sale of assets, or similar transaction, or in the event of insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership in which information is transferred to one or more third parties as one of our business assets.
- With Your Consent -We may share information with your consent.
- EduMaritime takes reasonable precautions such as policy-based access control to protect Data in our possession from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access. EduMaritime follows generally accepted industry standards to protect the Data, both during transmission and once received by EduMaritime. However, no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure.
- We retain personal information we collect from you where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (for example, to provide you with a service you have requested or to comply with applicable legal requirements).
- When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
CHILDREN UNDER 16
COMPLIANCE WITH U.S. CHILDREN'S ONLINE PRIVACY PROTECTION ACT
- Protecting the privacy of the very young is especially important. For that reason, we never collect or maintain information at our Site from those we actually know are under 13, and no part of our website is structured to attract anyone under 13. Those children under 13 who do so for any reason, must have proper parental guidance and monitoring.
ACCOUNT & DATA DELETION
ACCESS TO YOUR DATA
- To protect your privacy and security, we also take reasonable steps to verify your identity before updating or removing your information. The information you provide us may be archived or stored periodically by us according to backup processes conducted in the ordinary course of business for disaster recovery purposes.
INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFERS
YOUR DATA PROTECTION RIGHTS
Please be advised that in case you allow EduMaritime to collect and process certain personal data from you, you have the following rights:
- Right of Access - You have the right to obtain from us confirmation as to whether or not personal data concerning you are processed, and, where that is the case, you have the right to request and get access to that personal data.
- Right to Rectification - You have the right to obtain from us the rectification of inaccurate personal data and you have the right to provide additional personal data to complete any incomplete personal data.
- Right to Erasure (“Right to be Forgotten”) - In certain cases, you have the right to obtain from us the erasure of your personal data.
- Right to Restriction of Processing - You have the right to obtain from us restriction of processing, applicable for a certain period and/or for certain situations.
- Right to Data Portability - You have the right to receive from us in a structured format your personal data and you have the right to (let) transmit such personal data to another controller.
- Right to Object - In certain cases, you have the right to object to processing of your personal data, including with regards to profiling. You have the right to object at further processing of your personal data in so far as such data have been collected for direct marketing purposes.
- Right to be Not Subject to Automated Individual Decision-Making - You have the right to not be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing.
- Right to Filing Complaints - You have the right to file complaints with the applicable data protection authority on our processing of your personal data.
- Right to Compensation of Damages - In case we breach applicable legislation on processing of your personal data, you have the right to claim damages from us for any damages such breach may cause with you.
CAREERS AND INTERNSHIPS
- We do not represent any company or their agency for job recruitment and / or internship opportunities. All the pages in this section are for informational purpose only. If you have any queries on the same, please contact the respective companies directly. We try our best to update the Career and Internship Section regularly however and if you find any factual error, please contact us so that we can update the page as soon as possible.
ACCEPTANCE OF THESE TERMS
- Your use of any information or materials on this site is entirely at your own risk on “as is where is” basis, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements. By using this Site, you signify your acceptance of this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, it is advisable not to visit or use any service or product offered by the site. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
- Unauthorized use of this site may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- Crawling the website is allowed if done in accordance with the provisions of our robots.txt file, but scraping the Services is prohibited.
CHANGES TO THIS STATEMENT
Last Updated 29th of July, 2018
EduMaritime is secured, protected and accelerated by Cloudflare®