MCA Approved STCW ISPS Proficiency in Designated Security Duties (PDSD) Course Online for Seafarers by VIRSEC
The STCW Proficiency in Designated Security Duties (PDSD) training is mandatory for all seafarers working on board of vessels with designated security duties. The course will provide the essential training, education, understanding and proficiency requirements and is intended to provide the knowledge required to enable personnel to do their designated security duties as required by the vessels Ship Security Plan (SSP).
The Designated Security Duties training is in accordance with the requirements of the STCW Table A-VI/6-2, which supports Chapter XI-2 of the annex to the International Convention for the Safety of Life at Sea (SOLAS) and the International Ship and Port Facility Security (ISPS) Code.
The online and MCA Approved Proficiency in Designated Security Duties (PDSD) Course is for those who will carry out designated security duties and responsibilities, functioning under the ISPS Code and encountering security-related incidents whilst transiting High-Risk Areas or operating in adverse conditions.
Separate online PDSD courses are offered for the crew and staff of commercial cargo vessels, ferries, superyachts, cruise ships and related industries
- Online PDSD (Cargo, Ferry & Offshore) Course
- Online PDSD (Superyachts) Course
- Online PDSD (Cruise Ship) Course
Online STCW PDSD Training
- This fully online IMO Model Course 3.26 and MCA Approved Proficiency in Designated Security Duties course is specifically designed for those crew members, who will carry out Designated Security Duties and responsibilities and reporting to the Ship Security Officer.
- The course lasts for approximately 8 hours depending on the learner’s abilities and reading speed
- Upon successful completion of the online course, verification of Learner ID, and associated official Assessment, Learners will receive an electronic version of the official course certificate in secure PDF format and a hard copy can also be requested by mail.
PDSD Course Content
- The Development of the International Ship and Port Facility Security Code
- Understand the relevant international conventions, codes and recommendations relating to Maritime Piracy & Armed Robbery against Shipping
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of relevant bodies and organizations
- The roles and responsibilities of Contracting Governments, Designated Authorities, and Recognized Security Organizations
- The Security Roles & Responsibilities of Crew and Port Security Personnel
- Measures and Procedures for Maritime Security (MARSEC) Levels
- Recognition of weapons, dangerous substances, and devices
- Recognition of persons who may pose a threat to the security of the ship
- Identifying techniques used to circumvent security measures
- The handling of Sensitive Security-Related Information (SSRI) and Communications
- Identifying security threats including Maritime Piracy & Armed Robbery against Shipping
- Plus more
Get Started Now or Learn More!
Online STCW ISPS Designated Security Duties (Cargo, Ferry & Offshore) Course - This course in tailored for crew or staff appointed for Designated Security Duties from the commercial cargo, ferry, offshore and related sectors.
Online STCW ISPS Designated Security Duties (Superyachts) Course - This course in tailored for crew or staff appointed for Designated Security Duties from the superyacht, megayacht and related sectors.
Online STCW ISPS Designated Security Duties (Cruise Ship) Course - This course in tailored for crew or staff appointed for Designated Security Duties from the cruise ship and related sectors.
LAST UPDATED ON Oct 15, 2021