ISPS Company Security Officer (CSO) Training by Virtual Maritime Academy (VMA), Transport Canada Approved Online Training Center
The Company Security Officer (CSO) designated by a company (vessel owner) who will be responsible for developing, maintaining and enforcing the company security policies as set out in the Ship Security Plan. CSO ensures that a ship security assessment is carried out, Ship Security Plan (SSP) is developed, and implemented and maintained in liaison with port facility security officers and ship security officer.
Under the International Ship and Port Facility Security Code (ISPS), every shipping company is required to appoint a company security officer and can be responsible for more than one ship, depending on the number and types of ships the company operates. According to Transport Canada regulations, a company security officer shall have, by training or job experience, knowledge and competence that is relevant to the industry in which the vessel operates.
The Virtual Maritime Academy (VMA) online course give the essential education and training to get certified as a Company Security Ofﬁcer and meets the requirements set out in the International Ship and Port Facility Security (ISPS) Code.
This course is designed for people that are already in the maritime industry and also the certification could help to find a job in a maritime company onshore.
CSO Certification Online
- The Company Security Officer (CSO) course is intended for the personnel who will be responsible for developing, maintaining and enforcing the company security policies.
- The course lasts for approximately 20 hours
- The course is fully online and there is no requirement to attend the assessments in a classroom.
- The learners are required to submit their official Photo ID which is required by Transport Canada.
- Upon successful completion of the online course, a hard copy will be mailed without any charges.
- Acceptance: This is an internationally recognized course. All IMO whitelisted countries accept Transport Canada Approved Courses. For further information, please check with your employer.
CSO Course Content
- Historical Perspective
- Current Security threats and patterns
- Maritime Security Policy
- Security Responsibilities
- Ship Security Assessment and On-Scene Inspection
- Security Equipment
- Ship Security Plan
- Threat Identification
- Ship Security Actions
- Emergency Preparedness, Drills & Exercises
- Security Administration
- Security Training
- Plus more
LAST UPDATED ON Feb 22, 2022