Online Liberian Registry Approved STCW Certifications and ABS Certified Maritime Training Programs Accepted by UK-MCA, Panama, Malta & Other STCW Whitelisted Countries
Established in 2006 and located in Piraeus, Greece, SQLearn is a training center approved by the Liberian Registry and ABS and offers e-learning courses for seafarers, cruise ship crews and yachts crews. The e-learning modules are designed according to the latest e-learning standards and are interactive, use multimedia elements like narration and 3D videos. All you need is an internet-enabled device available like desktop / laptop / tablet or a smartphone.
SQLearn has served over 800 vessels, 30000 seafarers and, over 75000 hours spent attending maritime courses from all over the world. The E-learning platform and programs are certified by the American Bureau of Shipping (ABS) according to ABS Standards for Certification of Maritime Education Facilities & Training Courses. SQLearn is also certified for providing e-learning services according to ISO 9001:2015 from TUV AUSTRIA HELLAS.
SQLearn is a member of INTERTANKO (International Association of Independent Tanker Owners), INTERCARGO (International Association of Dry Cargo Shipowners), HEMEXPO (Hellenic Marine Equipment Manufacturers & Exporters, WIMA (Worldwide Industrial & Marine Association), International Propeller Club and nautical affiliate partner of The Nautical Institute.
Online Training Programs
STCW Basic Training (Liberian Registry Approved)
- STCW Basic Training Refresher Bundle Online (Liberian Registry Approved): The Basic safety training revalidation bundle consists of following certifications - Personal survival techniques (PST), Fire prevention and fire fighting (FPFF), Personal safety and social responsibilities (PSSR), and Elementary first aid (EFA). This bundle, approved by the Liberian Registry and fully compliant with all requirements of Sections A-VI/1-1,2,3,4 of the SCTW Code. The certificates are issued upon each course completion (one certificate per course).
STCW Refresher Individual Courses Online
- STCW Personal survival techniques (PST) Refresher Online (Liberian Registry Approved): The aim of this course is to meet the mandatory minimum standards of competence for seafarers for safety familiarization, basic training and instruction in personal survival techniques in accordance with section A-VI/1, and as set out in table A-VI/1-1 of the STCW Code.
- STCW Fire prevention and fire fighting (FPFF) Refresher Online (Liberian Registry Approved): This course aims to provide training for candidates in fire prevention and firefighting, based on the guidelines of STCW Section A-VI/1 and IMO Model Course 1.20. This course covers the requirements of STCW 78/95, Section A-VI/1, Par. 2, Table A-VI/2 on meeting the minimum standard of competence in fire prevention and firefighting.
- Personal safety and social responsibilities (PSSR) Online Online (Liberian Registry Approved): This course aims to meet the mandatory minimum standards of competence in personal safety and social responsibilities in accordance with section A-VI/1 of the STCW Code, Table A-VI/1-4.
- STCW elementary first aid (EFA) Online (Liberian Registry Approved): This course aims to provide the training for candidates to provide elementary first aid on board ship, in accordance with Section A-VI/1 of the STCW Code. This course covers the requirements of the STCW code Convention Chapter VI, Section AV/1, Table A-VI/1-3.
STCW Maritime Security Courses
- STCW Designated Security Duties (DSD) Online: This course aims to provide the knowledge required for seafarers with designated security duties in accordance with the requirements of Chapter XI-2 of SOLAS, the ISPS Code, and section A-VI/6 of the STCW Code.
- STCW Security Awareness Training (PSA) Online: This course aims to provide the knowledge required to enable personnel without designated security duties in accordance with the requirements of Chapter XI-2 of SOLAS, the ISPS Code, and section A-VI/6-1 of the STCW Code.
Ships Cook Course
- Ship’s Cook Online Certification (MLC 2006 Regulation 3.2): This course is aimed at a seafarer who has worked as a cook aboard on merchant vessels so that they are compliant with the MLC 2006. The certificate is issued under Title 3, Regulation 3.2, Standard A3.2, paragraph 1 Guideline B3.2.2 MLC 2006.
ABS Certified Maritime Courses
- ABS Certified Maritime Training Courses Online: The American Bureau of Shipping (ABS) is a classification society, with a mission to promote the security of life, property and the natural environment, primarily through the development and verification of standards for the design, construction and operational maintenance of marine-related facilities. The following E-learning courses are certified according to ABS Standards for Certification of Maritime Education Facilities & Training Courses.
- Lessons Learned from Maritime Incidents (ABS Certified): These online case study programs are for operational & management staff of the shipping companies who can learn from the past maritime incidents to eliminate personal injuries and reduce damage to the environment and assets. All the courses are ABS certified.
- Other Courses for Seafarers: Mental Health, Resilience, Cyber Security Training programs and more
For group discount please contact us
LAST UPDATED ON Nov 22, 2022