MCA Approved Mandatory STCW Proficiency in Security Awareness (PSA) Course Online for Seafarers by VIRSEC
The STCW Proficiency in Security Awareness (PSA) online course is intended to provide the knowledge required to enable personnel without designated security duties to enhance ship security. All seafarers, regardless of rank and department, need to be in possession of an STCW security awareness certificate, even if they do not have designated duties on board.
The course is also a requirement under the ISPS for anyone frequenting a ship often such as stewards, cruise ship staff, entertainers, etc.The course is required to inform crew and staff of the relevant codes, conventions and protocols in existence and their responsibilities to maintain a sense of awareness regarding the safety and security of the vessel.
The PSA Course is is in accordance with the requirements of the MNTB Security Courses Criteria - 1st Edition, Regulation VI/6 and Section A-VI/6 of the STCW 2010 convention and code, the International Ship and Port Facility Code as amended (STCW Table A-VI/6-1).
Separate, specialized online PSA courses are offered for the crew and staff of commercial cargo vessels, ferries, superyachts, cruise ships and related industries.
- Online PSA (Cargo, Ferry & Offshore) Course
- Online PSA (Superyachts) Course
- Online PSA (Cruise Ship) Course
Online STCW PSA Training
- Fully online MCA Approved IMO Model Course 3.27 Proficiency in Security Awareness course is specifically designed for crewmembers who do not possess Designated Security Duties on board Ship, in the commercial cargo vessels, ferries, superyachts, cruise ships and related industries.
- The course lasts for approximately 4 hours depending on the learner’s abilities and reading speed
- Upon successful completion of the online course, verification of Learner ID, and associated official Assessment, learners will receive an electronic version of the official course certificate in secure PDF format and they can also request for a hard copy through mail.
PSA Course Content
- A working knowledge of Maritime Security Terms and Definitions, including those that relate to Maritime Piracy and Armed Robbery against Shipping.
- An understanding of International Maritime Security Policy.
- An understanding of the Maritime Security (MARSEC) Levels and their impact on security measures and procedures aboard ship and in port facilities.
- How to report a security incident.
- An understanding of security-related contingency plans.
- How to recognize security threats, including Maritime Piracy and Armed Robbery against Shipping.
- Plus more
Get Started Now or Learn More!
Online STCW Proficiency in Security Awareness (Cargo, Ferry & Offshore) Course - This mandatory course in tailored for all crew and staff from the commercial cargo, ferry and related sectors.
Online STCW Proficiency in Security Awareness (Superyachts) Course - This course in tailored for all crew and staff from the superyacht, megayacht and related sectors.
Online STCW Proficiency in Security Awareness (Cruise Ship) Course - This course in tailored for all crew and staff from the cruise ship and related sectors.
LAST UPDATED ON Oct 15, 2021