STCW Compliant and CPD Approved Crowd Management & Passenger Safety Course Online for Masters, Officers, Ratings and Other Crew Members by VIRSEC
Before being assigned shipboard duties, personnel providing direct service to passengers in passenger spaces must receive additional safety training. This training is for crew members of passenger ships, both conventional and rolling (ro-ro), with 500 GT tonnage or that are authorized to carry 300 or more passengers.
STCW 2010 Code calls for crew to follow approved training in Crisis Management and Human Behaviour. Passenger ships carry large numbers of people, so it is vital for crew to have an understanding and an ability to assist and communicate with passengers in any emergency situation.
This training meets the mandatory minimum requirements for the training of masters, officers, ratings and any other crew with responsibility for the safety of passengers when embarking, disembarking and in emergency situations on passenger ships STCW Regulation V/2 and Section A-V/2 of the STCW Convention and Code.
Online Crowd Management Training
Crowd Management & Passenger Safety Certificate
- Course: This fully online CPD Approved IMO Model Course 1.28 Crowd Management & Passenger Safety course is STCW Compliant and adheres to the MNTB's Knowledge, Understanding and Proficiency (KUP) in the use of all techniques, information and equipment supplied to deal with an emergency.
- Compliance: STCW Regulation V/2 and Section A-V/2
- Acceptance: UK MCA and other STCW whilelist countries accepted.
- Duration: The course lasts for approximately 4 to 5 hours depending on the learner’s abilities and reading speed.
- Certification: Learners will receive an electronic copy of the official course certificate in PDF format upon successful completion of the course via the eLearning system.
- Introduction to Crowd Management & Passenger Safety
- STCW 2010 Requirements
- Crowd Management Training
- Familiarization Training
- Safety Training
- Case Studies - Tragedies from Maritime History
LAST UPDATED ON Feb 14, 2022