Online Liberia Approved STCW Basic (Safety) Training (BST / BT) Refresher (Renewal) Program for Seafarers Worldwide - Accepted by Panama, Malta and Other STCW White List Countries
SQLearn is a training center approved by the Liberian Registry and ABS and offers e-learning courses for seafarers, cruise ship crews and yachts crews. STCW Basic training or STCW Basic safety training (BST/BT) is a requirement for seafarers employed or engaged in any capacity on board ship at all levels such as deck and engine room rating qualifications, for most navigation, and all engineering certificates of competency. The STCW Basic Training course is also the legal minimum requirement for anyone looking for commercial work aboard vessels over 24 meters, including Superyachts and Cruise ships.
The Basic (Safety) Upgrade / renewal / refersher training consists of 4 individual modules - Personal survival techniques (PST), Fire prevention and fire fighting (FPFF), Personal safety and social responsibilities (PSSR), and Elementary first aid (EFA).
The Basic training refresher / renewal certification is valid for five (5) years. Seafarers, crew, and staff must revalidate the certificate every five (5) years. The Basic Training Refresher course provides a refresher of basic maritime Personal Survival Techniques and Firefighting Prevention modules and a review of Personal Social and Safety Responsibilities and First Aid certification.
SQLearn Liberian Registry approved Basic Training Refresher Course is a perfect choice for revalidation of the certification and is suitable to renew your STCW certificate without attending a course physically. Complete the course at your own time and place & save time and money with asynchronous e-learning. All you need is an internet-enabled device available (desktop/laptop/tablet/smartphone) and a few days to complete the course online.
STCW Basic Refresher (Renewal) Online
STCW Basic Refresher Online Course Details
- Course: Full bundle (4 courses) PST, FPFF, PSSR & EFA. You can also join the individual refresher courses.
- Course Platform: Fully Online (also available onboard)
- Assessment: Online
- Duration: 2 days
- Purpose: For refresher / renewal / update / upgrade only
- Suitable for: Marine and Non-Marine roles including officers and ratings of merchant vessels, and cruise ship & superyacht crews (marine & non-marine)
- Approval: Liberia Registry (LISCR) - IMO / STCW white listed
- Accepted by: All flags that accept IMO STCW whitelisted approved training including Panama, Malta and, also: Liberia, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Cooks Island, Dominica, Egypt, Hong Kong & P.R.C, Indonesia, Kenya, Malaysia, Marshall Islands, Morocco, Oman, Palau, Tanzania, and Taiwan. For further confirmation you can check with your employer.
- STCW Compliance: Fully compliant with all requirements of Sections A-VI/1-1,2,3,4 of the SCTW Code
- Certification Validity: Five (5) years subject to conditions (see practical components part below)
Courses with Practical Components
- For the courses containing practical parts - Personal Survival Techniques (PST) & Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting (FPFF), the course certificates are subject to following conditions:
- The online PST & FPFF courses can be taken for renewal purposes only, by a seafarer having been previously STCW certified and holding a seaman’s book. Further, you must provide EITHER
- Attestation signed by ANY of the following senior crew members - Master, Chief mate, Chief engineer, Second engineer or Designated person ashore (DPA) confirming practical experience and skills for PST & FPFF (forms will be provided). In this case, the validity is five (5) years. OR
- A self-attestation (a form will be provided): In this case the validity of the certificate is one year. You may submit attestations by senior crew within one year and extend the validity from one year to 5 years as mentioned above.
For group discount please contact us
LAST UPDATED ON Jul 12, 2022