USCG Approved Online Captain's and Master (25/50/100 Ton) License Study Packages & Endorsements, Home Study Guides & FCC Online Tests
Located in Pennington NJ, Mariners Learning System (MLS) provides U.S. Coast Guard Certified Licensing Courses with their flexible online training. With more than 25,000 students enrolled, a success rate of over 98% and the flexibility to study at your own pace, Mariners Learning System™ is one the best choice for obtaining your Captain’s License and is very popular among license aspirants. You may take a 24-hour free trial to start with.
MLS teaching style is based on making the assumption that you know nothing. By incorporating a methodology with the standard practice of teaching understanding, not just how to pass the USCG Exam. Mariners Learning System uses colors, graphics, animations and simulations which makes it enjoyable to learn and understand the course content.
The MLS content is comparable to that found in face to face classrooms in terms of materials covered. It surpasses classroom learning by listening to audio lectures, watching training videos, or reading companion workbook. With MLS, you learn at your pace. You also have access to online instructors 24x7 or you can call toll free to the staff during normal business hours. Whether you're looking to learn new boating skills, improve safety, or become a member of a boating crew, earning your USCG Captain's License will provide you with many new opportunities.
Upon successful completion of the MLS course, the student studies the materials and takes a proctored exam at one of MLS Coast Guard approved testing sites or online through the MLS system at home. Once the student passes MLS multiple choice exam, he or she will receive a Mariners Learning System certificate recognized by the United States Coast Guard. The certificate holder can submit the original certificate within one year, along with your application package and applicable fees to the USCG Regional Exam Center. Upon their approval of your package, they will send you your original License.
Free Trial: With MLS, you can take one of the approved USCG Captain's License courses for 24-hour free trial without any obligation
One of the biggest advantage of doing MLS program is that they are the only USCG authorized testing company which enables them to prepare the tests and assign you the exam date and location of your choice. In other words, they can do testing on behalf of the Coast Guard either Online or In-Person at their testing center.
Mariners Learning System has Coast Guard approved testing facilities located throughout the country and provides two ways to take your final proctored exam. You can take your exam online through MLS system or sign up to have your exam in-person at one of MLS approved testing facilities. Learn more
Online Training Programs
U.S. Coast Guard Approved Courses
- OUPV/Six-Pack Captain's License: The OUPV/Six-Pack is the most popular of the captain's license courses and is required for those who wish to operate fishing and sailing charters, run a dive boat, or offer sightseeing tours.
- 25/50 or 100 Ton Master-Captain's License: The Master License allows you to operate Inspected Passenger Vessels. Ferry Boats, harbor tour boats, sailing schooners, and whale watching boats are all examples of inspected vessels.
- OUPV/Six-pack Upgrade to 25/50 or 100-Ton Master-Captain’s License: The course is for those who wish to upgrade their existing OUPV/Six-pack to a Master level license. Depending on your experience, it will be issued as a 25, 50, or 100-ton license.
- OUPV / Master 25/50/100 Ton License Renewal Online: This program provides mariners an opportunity to renew their U.S. Coast Guard License if you are not able to show sea service during the past five years.
- Endorsements for Towing or Auxiliary Sail: With an OUPV/Six-Pack or Master Captain's License, you can be endorsed for commercially assisting other vessels or to carry seven or more passengers on a sailing vessel.
- FCC Licesing Study Prep Guides and Online Proctored Exams: FCC licenses allow the holder to operate specified ship radio communication stations on commercial vessels. MLS provides study materials and proctored FCC licensing exams for professiona and recreational mariners
- OUPV Captain / Master Current Job Opportunities: Please check for the latest job opportunities for licensed captains and masters.
- Learn More
License Study Packages
- Captain's License - OUPV/Six-pack (Deluxe Edition)
- OUPV Upgrade to 25/50/100 Ton Master (Deluxe Edition)
- Master Captain's License - 25/50 or 100 Ton (Deluxe Edition)
- Deck License Renewal - (Deluxe Edition)
- Assistance Towing Endorsement (Deluxe Edition)
- Auxiliary Sail Endorsement (Deluxe Edition)
- Learn More
Home Study Guides
- Ship Radar Endorsement (Element 8) Practice Test Book
- GMDSS Radio Operator’s - DO (Elements 1, 7) Practice Test Book
- GROL: General Radiotelephone Operator - PG (Elements 1, 3) Practice Test Book
- MROP: Marine Radio Operators Permit – MP (Element 1) Practice Test Book
- Maritime Assistance Towing for the Mariner
- Auxiliary Sail for the Mariner
- Maritime Law - Inspected Passenger Vessels
- Navigation for the Mariner (2 Book Set)
- Maritime Law - Uninspected Passenger Vessels
- Seamanship for the Mariner
- Navigational Rules of the Road
- FCC GMDSS Radio Operator/Maintainer License (DB) Bundle (Elements 1, 3, 7, and 9)
- MROP - Marine Radio Operator Permit (MP) Online Course & Online Exam
- Learn More
- FCC GMDSS Radio Operator’s License (DO) - Online Test (Elements 1 and 7)
- FCC Restricted GMDSS Radio Operator’s License (RG) Test (Elements 1 and 7R)
- GROL - General Radiotelephone Operator License (PG) Online Exam (Elements 1 and 3)
- MROP - Marine Radio Operator Permit (MP) Online Exam
- FCC Ship Radar Endorsement - Online Test (Element 8)
- FCC GMDSS Radio Maintainer’s License (DM) - Online Test (Elements 1, 3 and 9)
Free Trial - SixPack/25/50/100 Ton License Course
Free Trial: With MLS, you can take the approved USCG OUPV Captain's or 25/50/100 Ton Master License course 24-hour Free Trial without any obligation.