UGCG Approved Online OUPV Upgrade to 25/50/100 Ton Master License with Mariners Learning System (MLS)
Located in Pennington NJ, Mariners Learning System (MLS) provides U.S. Coast Guard Certified Licensing Courses with their flexible online training. With more than 25,000 students enrolled, a success rate of over 98% and the flexibility to study at your own pace, Mariners Learning System™ is one the best choice for obtaining your Captain’s License and is very popular among license aspirants.
The 25/50/ 100 Ton Master-Captain’s license allows you to operate inspected vessels with more than 6 passengers (for high-speed ferries, water taxi, whale watching boats, head boats, assistance towboats, charter boats carrying over six passengers etc.).
The 25 /50/100 Ton Master-Upgrade course provides an opportunity for the holder of an OUPV Captain's license to raise their grade to a Master-level license. Master Upgrades are tonnage-rated at 25 GT, 50 GT, or 100 GT if all time is on vessels 16 tons or less - 25-ton license. The tonnage you are awarded is determined by the size vessels you've gained experience on in the last 3 years.
There are 3 different Master Licenses a mariner may qualify - Master-Inland, Master-Inland/OUPV Near Coastal and Master-Near-Coastal.
- Age: 19 years
- U.S. Citizenship
- TWIC Card
- Physical Examination
- Drug Test
- CPR/First Aid training
- Six-pack Captain's license
- Completion of USCG approved Master 25/50/100 Ton upgrade course
- Complete a USCG original license application package
- Learn more
MLS OUPV Upgrade to 25/50/100 Ton Online
OUPV/Master Upgrade Program Outline
- OUPV Upgrade to 25/50/100 Ton Master-Captain’s License: The USCG Master's License is the highest-level license that you can acquire. This license allows you to operate inspected vessels (7 passengers or more - like a water taxi or dive boat) or uninspected vessels.
- Exam Module: Master 25/50/100 Ton (70 questions with 70% minimum score to pass)
- License Testing Online or In-Person: Mariners Learning System has Coast Guard approved testing facilities located throughout the country and provides two ways to take your final proctored exam. You can take your exam online through MLS system or sign up to have your exam in-person at one of MLS approved testing facilities. Note: The in-person proctored exams at designated centers are not available at this time (Please take online exams instead). Please check back with here later on when the offline physical test centers will be available.
- Towing & Auxiliary Sailing Endorsements: The Towing Endorsement is required if you will be engaged in towing a disabled vessel for payment. Auxiliary Sailing captain's license endorsement allows the licensed Master to carry 7 or more passengers while under sail on an inspected vessel.
- OUPV Captain / Master Current Job Opportunities: Please check for the latest job opportunities for licensed captains and masters.
- Military Veterans, Active-Duty Service Members, and First Responders Scheme - American Hero Fund for OUPV (Six-Pack) to Master 25/50/100 Ton Upgrade Licenses.
- Free Trial: If you would like to have a free trial of the license programs, you may try MLS License Program 24-Hour Free Trial.