UK MCA & DfT Approved STCW & ISPS - SSO, CSO, PFSO & PDSD Maritime Security Courses in London
Based in London, Maritime and Underwater Security Consultants (MUSC) provides maritime risk consultancy and training services to a range of clients in government, regulatory bodies, and commercial organizations worldwide. A recognized expert in marine, border, and cargo security, MUSC has the unique position of being the only commercial company consulted by the IMO when developing the International Ship and Port Facility Security (ISPS) Code and the associated IMO model courses.
MUSC has trained over 12,000 people worldwide and has been the preferred training provider for numerous Governments, Classification Societies, shipping, multinational oil & gas companies, port operators, and many law enforcement agencies. MUSC is also an accredited consultant to Lloyd’s of London (Insurance).
MUSC courses are delivered by some of the industry’s leading consultants who are still active in the field and have extensive experience of current legislation and best practices relevant to the maritime sector. Specializing in matters of maritime security, they also offer a range of courses related to maritime safety and administration as well.
The courses are conducted onboard the historic HQS Wellington, the home of the Honourable Company of Master Mariners moored on the Thames in London.
STCW/ISPS Courses in London
MCA/DfT Approved Courses
- Company Security Officer (CSO) Course (MCA Approved) (4 days): This UK Maritime Coastguard Agency (MCA) approved training program provides Company Security Officers and managers with the knowledge and skills to carry out duties as a designated company security officer (CSO) in accordance with the ISPS Code.
- Port Facility Security Officer (PFSO) Course (UK DfT approved) (3 days): The course aims to familiarize delegates with all aspects of the International Ship & Port Facility Code and best practices in implementing security within a Port Facility.
- Ship Security Officer (SSO) Course (MCA Approved) (3 days): This UK Maritime & Coastguard Agency (MCA) accredited training program provides ship’s officers with the knowledge and skills to carry out their duties as a designated ship security officer (SSO) in accordance with the International Ship and Port Facility (ISPS) Code.
- Proficiency in Designated Security Duties (PDSD) course (MCA approved) (1 day): This UK Maritime and Coastguard Agency approved training program provides ship’s personnel with the knowledge and skills to carry out their duties), in accordance with the International Ship and Port Facility (ISPS) Code.
Other Bespoke Courses
- ISPS awareness
- Port personnel ISPS awareness
- Port security officer (EU Ports)
- Counter piracy courses
- ISM awareness
- MARPOL awareness
- Port state control awareness
- Ballast water management
- Environmental management awareness
- Marine casualty investigation awareness
- Crime scene management and preservation
LAST UPDATED ON Feb 7, 2022