UK MCA Approved STCW & ISPS Ship Security Officer (SSO) Certification in London - MUSC
Based in London, Maritime and Underwater Security Consultants (MUSC) provides maritime risk consultancy and training services to a range of clients in government, regulatory bodies, and commercial organizations worldwide. A recognized expert in maritime security, MUSC consulted the IMO for developing the ISPS Code and the associated IMO model courses. MUSC courses are delivered by the industry’s leading consultants who are active in the field and have extensive experience in the current legislation.
According to the ISPS Code, a Ship Security Officer is a serving officer on board the ship, accountable to the master, designated by the Company as responsible for the security of the vessel, including implementation and maintenance of the ship security plan and liaison with the company security officer and port facility security officers.
The MUSC SSO course is accredited by the UK Maritime & Coastguard Agency and, as such, is recognized by every Maritime Administration in the world. It includes the 2010 Manila Amendments and conforms to Regulation VI/5, paragraph 1 and Section A-VI/5, paragraphs 1 to 4 of the STCW Convention and Code 1978, as amended.
The SSO course is conducted onboard the historic HQS Wellington, the home of the Honourable Company of Master Mariners moored on the Thames in London.
SHip Security Officer
- Course: STCW and ISPS Code compliant SSO certification (the course package includes lunch and refreshments)
- Duration: 3 days
- Venue: On board HQS Wellington in London
- Approval: UK MCA
- Compliance: STCW Regulation VI/5, paragraph 1 and Section A-VI/5, paragraphs 1 to 4 & ISPS Code Part A Section 12
- Suitable for: Ship’s officers who have been, or are likely to be, appointed as Ship Security Officers under the ISPS Code.
- Accepted by: All flags that accept IMO STCW whitelisted approved training
- Prerequisites: A minimum of 12 months seagoing service on vessels over 80gt or 24M
- Certification Validity: Unlimited (Life Time)
SSO Course Content
- Duties of a ship security officer
- ISPS Code
- Maritime security threats
- Ship Security surveys and assessment
- Ship Security Plan
- Security measures
- Piracy and vessel hardening
- Monitoring ship security
- Security training and drills
- Plus more
LAST UPDATED ON Feb 7, 2022