Change the Language
Operations & Supply Chain Management Education at the College of Business & Public Administration
Classified as a high research activity, doctoral/professional and engaged university by the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching, the University of North Dakota is a coeducational, state-supported institution which recorded an enrollment of 14,194 students in the fall of 2010.
UND’s undergraduate and graduate programs are offered in 218 field through its colleges and departments. 46% come from North Dakota; the rest represent all other states, eight Canadian provinces, and more than 50 nations.
The College of Business and Public Administration is the largest school of business in North Dakota and serves an average of 1,750 undergraduate students and 150 graduate students per year. Dedicated to providing educational and social opportunities to all its students, the college offers more than 20 professional student clubs and organizations. Students can take advantage of many cooperative employment and internship programs throughout the year.
- BBA in Operations & Supply Chain Management: The Operations and Supply Chain Management program provides students with the knowledge and skills to assist in the design, implementation, and control of efficient supply chains. The success of many firms depends upon their ability to work with suppliers, distributors, customers, intermediaries, and service providers worldwide. This major provides students with the quantitative and conceptual tools to immediately help firms manage their operations and supply chains.
This university is characterised by a solid foundation of the liberal arts, a manageable size, high quality students and faculty, a comprehensive curriculum, widely recognized program of graduate education and research, law and medical schools praised for quality and innovation, rich cultural resources, and an outstanding record of alumni support.
- Campus: UND is located in Grand Forks, a city of 50,000 situated across the Red River from East Grand Forks, Minnesota, about 300 miles northwest of Minneapolis 150 miles south of Winnipeg. UND’s 500 acre campus, one of the beautiful in the region, includes 240 buildings aand more than 6 million square feet of space.
- Accreditation: The University of North Dakota as a whole is fully accredited by the North Central Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools. The College of Business and Public Administration (CoBPA) is the FIRST accredited business college in North Dakota and is accredited by AACSB International (The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business).
- North Dakota Entrepreneur Hall of Fame: North Dakota entrepreneurs and innovators are recognized for their long-standing entrepreneurial contributions to the state and nation. The Hall of Fame includes 70 inductees.
- Research: Research is a critical component of the University of North Dakota. As a result of research and scholarly activities conducted by the faculty, undergraduate and graduate students have expanded the opportunities to broaden and enrich their educational experiences. A total of 0.3 million in research and sponsored activities was received in the fiscal year 2009.
- Honors Program: The Honors Programs serves motivated, accomplished students by nurturing creativity, critical thinking, and scholarship beyond the usual academic framework. Freshmen are encouraged to apply at their initial registration at the university.
- Experiential Learning: The College of Business & Public Administration strongly believes in providing experiential learning experiences for our students, faculty, and community. The programs include: Executives in the classroom, Study abroad experiences, Student internships, Classroom/Interactive Projects, Student Organizations, Student Managed Investment Fund and Dakota Venture Group.
- Study Abroad - International Programs: The College of Business & Public Administration along with the UND Study Abroad programs allows you a multitude of options to experience the world. The countries/schools include: China, Germany, United Kingdom – London School of Economics, France - ICN Business School, Norway - BI Norwegian School of Management, Australia - The UND-University of Sunshine Coast and Greece - The American College of Thessaloniki.
- Center for Innovation: The Center provides assistance to innovators, entrepreneurs, and researchers to launch new ventures, commercialize new technologies, and secure access to capital from private and public sources. The Center manages two tech incubators in the UND Tech Park, provides SBIR outreach to the state's tech community, and has formed three angel networks in Grand Forks, Fargo and Bismarck. It is also home to the only student managed venture fund in the nation where students make the actual investment decisions, Dakota Venture Group.
Last updated: Mar 28, 2017