RYA Approved Beginner to Advanced Level Powerboat Courses in Chichester, West Sussex & Online
Located at Chichester in West Sussex, Chichester Sea School is an RYA recognized training school offering powerboat courses for all levels - from beginners to advanced day and night courses. The courses are run by experienced professionals and offer expert guidance in well-equipped boats.
Whether you are looking to develop your powerboat handling skills to an advanced level, own boat-training or simply have a fun day out in one of the UK's most beautiful harbors. All the courses lead to RYA-backed qualifications, with personal tuition in small groups.
Chichester Sea School can also tailor courses to suit individual or group needs. The classroom sessions are held in Premier Marina’s facilities and the water-based work is carried out in Chichester Harbor and the eastern Solent, both areas of outstanding natural beauty, where there is always something to see and discover.
- Level 1 - Introduction to Powerboating (1 day): In practice the Level 1 course is ideal for people wanting to gain some initial training in the use of powerboats. The course covers all of the important areas relating to boat handling together with an introduction to some of the theory.
- Level 2 - National Powerboat Course (2 days): This is course is widely accepted as the standard for people using small (up to 10m) powered craft for leisure. The course covers all aspects of handling a powerboat at low and higher speed together with the relevant supporting knowledge necessary for a safe passage.
- Direct Assessment (3 hours): This enables candidates with at least one full season’s powerboat handling experience to obtain their Level 2 Certificate through a 3-hour assessment.
- Intermediate Powerboat Day Cruising Course (2 days): The Intermediate course builds on the skills and knowledge gained at Level 2 enabling the student to plan a longer coastal passage requiring more detailed planning and use of GPS equipment.
- Advanced Powerboat Day and Night (2 days): Candidates should be competent to the standard of the Intermediate Powerboat Certificate with a thorough knowledge of navigation and chart work to the level of Day Skipper Shorebased Certificate.
- VHF Short Range Radio Certificate (1 day): This course covers the necessary theory but concentrate on giving you hands on experience with the training radios.
- Professional Practices & Responsibilities: A compulsory online course for new and revalidating RYA Commercial Endorsement holders
- VHF Short Range Certificate: The Short Range Certificate is the minimum qualification required by law to control the operation of VHF and VHF Digital Selective Calling (DSC) equipment on any British flagged vessel voluntarily fitted with a radio.