Online Logistics & Transportation Management Education at APU/AMU
Established in 1991, American Public University System (APU) consists of two online universities: American Public University (APU) and American Military University (AMU). In 1991, the American Military University is one of the first universities 100% online. AMU is designed to meet the specific educational needs of the military - a transient, working adults who need a variety of program offerings from traditional courses, to courses such as terrorism and military intelligence, which are not readily available in most institutions.
In 2002, after a decade of growth and service to thousands of students and hundreds of candidates, AMU expanded into American Public University System. The APU is designed to extend coverage of the system to better meet the needs of those interested in public service-related programs, such as criminal justice, public safety, national security and other adult students who seek to continue their studies through a robust curriculum online.
American Public University System is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission, North Central Association and Accrediting Commission of the Distance Education and Training Council. The transportation programs are accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
- BA in Transportation and Logistics Management (Concentrations in General, Air Cargo & Reverse Logistics Management: The Transportation and Logistics degree provides students with principles, management, economics, finances, and other issues associated with the global air, maritime, logistics, and transportation systems of the world. Provided within a business context, students will learn of the cutting edge processes, companies, and standards associated with transportation and logistics management.
- BA in Reverse Logistics Management: The Bachelor of Arts in Reverse Logistics Management provides an industry-based group of courses designed to educate a new generation of professionals in reverse logistics as a key component in logistics management, retail management, engineering management, in accounting best practices, to all components of today’s complex business environment. Students will have an opportunity to understand how reverse logistics is being used in their military or civilian logistics organization. It will provide students with the knowledge base of current applications of reverse logistics use and opportunities to study practical applications in domestic and international transportation and logistics scenarios.
- MA in Transportation and Logistics Management (Concentrations in General, Maritime Engineering Management & Reverse Logistics Management): The Master of Arts in Transportation and Logistics Management focuses on the principles, policies, trends, and current issues within air, maritime, or ground transportation. Concentrations are designed to help you group courses together so you can further specialize in your field and pursue a more focused path to degree completion.
- MA in Reverse Logistics Management: The program provides advanced level knowledge to a new generation of professionals in reverse logistics management, retail management, and engineering management in complex military or civilian business environments.
- Graduate Certificate in Logistics Management: The Certificate in Logistics Management is designed to provide knowledge and skills necessary for individuals within any organization to excel in the dynamic and fast growing fields of logistics and supply chain management. The logistics certificate will provide the decision maker the critical knowledge necessary in today's competitive market.
- Graduate Certificate in Leadership and Logistics: This program designed to provide students with a solid foundation with regard to leaders, the leadership process, and motivation as they explore the basic principles of business logistics. Knowledge gained from this graduate program could be adapted for employers in many fields such as military service, nonprofits, or corporations.