Translate to Your Language
Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering, Logistics, Transportation, Oil-Gas Storage and Transportation Engineering Education and Research Programs in Guangzhou
South China University of Technology (SCUT) is one of China's leading universities. It operates under the direct leadership of the State Ministry of Education; it ranks in the top 10 in technology-based universities in China. SCUT is also a member of ‘Project 985’ and ‘Project 211’ which qualifies it as a top institution in teaching and research, and is also one of the universities approved by the Ministry of Education of China to accept international students on Chinese Government scholarships.
Established in 1952, SCUT has a total area of 294 hectares and situated in Guangzhou, near Hong Kong and Macau, and a bustling regional hub of Southern China. The university has two campuses: The North Campus and the South Campus.
School of Civil and Transportation Engineering (SCTE) at SCUT is composed of five departments, Civil Engineering, Transportation Engineering, Mechanics, Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering and Water Conservancy Engineering. There are 3317 students, including 183 Ph.D. students, 670 graduate students, 554 engineering master students, 1531 bachelor students and 379 continuing education students.
The programs are conducted in Chinese and if you are not proficient in chinese, you may join a one year chinese foundation program for international students and complete the program of choice.
- Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering (4 years): The program is designed to equip students with both basic and advanced knowledge of naval architecture and ocean engineering together with skills of computer application. The graduates can embark on a career in related fields of design, research, manufacturing, planning, operations and inspection of naval architecture.
- Logistics Engineering (4 years): This specialty aims to cultivate talents in technology and management who adhere to Socialist road; and well-developed morally, intellectually and physically; also are skilled in logistics development planning, logistics system design, logistics enterprises management.
- Masters in Logistics Engineering and Management (3 Years): The program aims to cultivate high-level integrated professionals. Major Research Fields include - Logistics Economy, Logistics Management, Logistics Engineering, International Logistics, Modeling and Simulation of Logistics and Supply Chain System, Integration and Coordination of Supply Chain, and, Emergency Logistics and Reverse Logistics.
- MS is Transportation Planning and Management (3 Years): The program aims to cultivate high-level professionals in the field. Major Research Fields include - Transportation System Management, Road Traffic Programming and Design, and, Logistics Planning and Management.
- MS in Oil-Gas Storage and Transportation Engineering (3 Years): This program aims to cultivate high-level specialists in the field. Major Research Fields include - Fluid Machinery and Engineering, Oil-Gas Storage and Transportation Technique and Equipment, and, Oil-Gas Storage and Transportation Safety and Reliability Technology.
- PhD in Design and Construction of Naval Architecture and Ocean Structure (3 years): This program aims to cultivate high-level specialists of Ship and Marine Engineering with an all-round development in moral, intellectual and physical aspects who have solid and broad theoretical basis and systematic in-depth professional knowledge of ship and marine structure engineering and who are familiar with the frontier development of the discipline. Students are required to have strong ability of computer skills and to be proficient in at least two foreign languages. Students are expected to be competent in developing and organizing scientific researches and greater creativity; to be capable of undertaking jobs of teaching, designing and other related engineering technological work.
- PhD in Logistics Engineering and Management (3 Years): This program aims to cultivate high-level specialized personnel who have solid and broad theoretical knowledge of economics and management and who have a good command of logistics and supply chain management, and computer simulation analysis tools. Students are supposed to be able to conduct scientific researches independently and solve real problems of economy and management with a theoretical creative competence.
LAST UPDATED ON Dec 17, 2017