IADC Further Introduction to Offshore Safety (FIOS) Training for Personnel to Maintain Minimum Level of Competence
The objective of the IADC Further Introduction to Offshore Safety (FIOS) program is to maintain a minimum level of competence and understanding of the conditions and hazards associated with working offshore on MOU’s.
The FIOS training program is an Additional Safety and Emergency Response Training and is designed to meet the emergency response training requirements for all personnel travelling offshore oil and gas industry and destined to work on and or travel to MOU’s.
Exemption is given to VIP’s travelling to MOU’s and spending less than 24 hours continuously on the MOU, whilst under the direct supervision of competent offshore personnel. Such VIP’s must participate in an onshore briefing at the heliport prior to departure and an offshore induction program on arrival at the MOU.
- Duration: 2 days of which 1 day is for IADC-HUET
- Validity: 4 years. Personnel should undertake a refresher course before expiry of their current certificate.
Further Introduction to Offshore Safety (FIOS)
IADC Further Introduction to Offshore Safety (FIOS) Program
Refresher of Safety & Security Introduction
- Brief introduction to offshore
- General safety and security measures, controls and procedures
- Individual responsibility for safety
- Protective measures
- Reporting incidents
- Introduction to first aid.
Refresher of Helicopter Operations (including IADC-HUET)
- Pre-boarding preparation, in flight safety and arrival procedure
- Use of personal protective equipment
- Operation and use of emergency breathing system
- Actions in preparation for and following helicopter ditching in water, partial submersion and capsize
Refresher of Survival at Sea Techniques
- Personal safety, survival and rescue equipment
- Muster and evacuation points & procedures
- Use of emergency escape equipment
- Individual & group survival & rescue techniques
- Rescue by support vessels & helicopters
- Offshore drills, exercises & emergency procedures
Refresher of Basic Fire Fighting and Self Rescue
- Causes and nature of fires & principles of prevention
- Purpose of fixed detection & protection systems
- Actions to take on discovering a fire
- Operation of portable firefighting equipment
- Location, use and response to alarms
Disclaimer: For general information purpose only - please check with IADC for the latest and accurate information on Training Standards
Last Updated: June 6, 2021