IADC WellSharp & WellSharp Plus Programs - Oil & Gas Comprehensive Well Control Training & Certification for Global Drilling Industry Professionals
The IADC WellSharp program provides comprehensive well control training standards for the global drilling industry, emphasizing rigorous training for every person with well control responsibilities. WellSharp provides trainees with in-depth knowledge, well-honed role-specific skills, and greater confidence that they know what to do to prevent and handle well control incidents.
IADC WellSharp Plus is an integration of human factors (crew resource management) into technical well control training for experienced drilling personnel. Incorporates a facilitated-learning approach to improve critical thinking, knowledge retention, and knowledge transfer/application.
IADC accredited WellSharp & WellSharp Plus courses gives candidates a practical understanding of the features of drilling a well and the principles involved in maintaining and managing well control. The training programs reinforces the critical body of knowledge and set of job skills required by rig personnel during drilling operations.
IADC WellSharp & WellSharp Plus
IADC WellSharp & WellSharp Plus Certification & Training Programs
- Well Control for Drilling Operations - Awareness Course (4 hours): The purpose of the WellSharp Awareness core curriculum is to define a body of knowledge and set of job skills for personnel that support drilling and well control operations. This curriculum is generic in that it is independent of Blowout Preventer (BOP) stack type.
- Well Control for Drilling Operations Introductory Course (16 hours): The purpose of the Introductory course core curriculum is to identify a body of knowledge and a set of job skills needed by the rig personnel during drilling operations. See the below table for a listing of positions for whom this course is recommended.
- IADC Facilitator Certification (WellSharp Plus): The full 5-day course comprises 3 days of training on how to facilitate adult learning and 2 days of training on strategies for delivering and assessing content specific to the WellSharp Plus course.
- Supplement Workover Completion for Drillers (8 hours): This course is designed as an additional supplement for Drillers, Supervisors, or Consultants desiring a combination Drilling and Workover-Completion certification under the IADC WellSharp Standard. This is not a stand-a-lone course! It requires two individual WellSharp Assessment Exams and may not be attempted without prior successful completion of the WellSharp Driller Program.
Other WellSharp Courses
- Driller Surface (24 hours)
- Driller Combined Surface and Subsea (29 hours)
- Driller Subsea (24 hours)
- Supervisor Surface (24 hours)
- Supervisor Subsea (24 hours)
- Supervisor Combined Surface and Subsea (29 hours)
- Engineer Surface (24 hours)
- Engineer Subsea (24 hours)
- Engineer Combined Surface and Subsea (29 hours)
Disclaimer: For general information purpose only - please check with IADC for the latest and accurate information on Training Standards
Last Updated: June 8, 2021