What is your Language? (Select to translate)
Supply Chain Logistics Management Education at VU Plainfield Campus and Online
Founded in 1801 and one of the first two-year colleges in America, Vincennes University (VU) is also Indiana’s oldest college. Today, the University is a model comprehensive two-year university offering more than 150 associate degree programs and options, and seven baccalaureate degrees in specialized areas. Vincennes University has a statewide mission and is a fully state-supported college, recognized as being unique in Indiana.
Vincennes University provides certificate, associate, and baccalaureate career programs that lead directly to successful employment. However, many programs are both transfer and career in nature, allowing a choice of entering the workplace or continuing toward an associate or baccalaureate degree. VU’s transfer programs are designed in coordination with four-year institutions to ensure successful transfer. The university maintains more than 1,000 transfer agreements through close faculty-to-faculty contacts with senior institutions. VU graduates compete successfully with students from four-year institutions in acceptance to limited-admission professional programs.
- AS Degree in Supply Chain Logistics Management: This program prepares students for a variety of entry-level positions in the field of Supply Chain, Logistics, and Distribution. In addition, most of the courses are designed to assist the employed persons in upgrading their skills. The curriculum includes a core of business education as well as specialized training in procurement, transportation, production planning and scheduling, and materials management. The development of managerial skills useful in a variety of job situations is emphasized.
- Certificate in Supply Chain and Logistics: This certificate provides background for persons who are interested in more efficient ways to distribute and manage their products. The curriculum includes several basic subject areas such as accounting, computer software and e-commerce, operations and materials management, as well as total quality control. This provides an excellent stepping-stone to the Business Management degree program.
VINCENNES UNIVERSITY Features
Vincennes University is the college of choice for many top high school graduates, but the institution also provides developmental education for those whose academic skills are not at the collegiate level. VU provides post-secondary education to students from more than 100 countries and through distance education but is also a preferred choice for many within the nearby geographic area. Educational services are provided on two established campuses and sites worldwide, but new learning sites are also established in rapid response to industry needs. The University strives to control its tuition and fees but also facilitates all forms of public and private financial aid, so that all those with the ability to benefit from a college education may find it at Vincennes University.
- Campus: Situated on the banks of the Wabash River, the 160-acre VU Vincennes campus includes more than 30 modern buildings featuring red-brick construction consistent with the first campus building. Vincennes is situated approximately 120 miles southwest of Indianapolis at the junction of US highways 41 and 50. Vincennes is midway between the cities of Evansville and Terre Haute.
- Accreditation: Vincennes University is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission and a member of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
- Online Learning: As one of the first colleges to provide online learning opportunities Today’s online students include: 1) entering college freshmen who want to complete general studies over the summer before arriving on campus in the fall, 2) non-traditional students with busy lives who want to complete their degrees on a flexible schedule, and 3) returning members of the military who want to prepare for re-entry into the workforce.
- Premier Transfer institution: VU has long been a leader in academic transfer education with hundreds of graduates transferring annually to universities throughout the state and the nation. Currently, there are more than 245 two-plus-two articulation agreements between VU and public and private universities.
- Workforce Development and Training: VU’s Business and Industry program provides more than 100,000 hours of business and industry training every year to Indiana employers and employees.
- Career and Employer Relations: VU offers career counseling, an extensive resource of career guidance tools and career support services to help facilitate the career planning process. Workshops focusing on career planning, employment skills and job search strategies including assistance with resume development and interviewing are also available.
- Internship: Internships provide students with valuable practical experience related to their major and may be the link to successful placement after graduation. The Career Exploration Center provides listings of internship opportunities available. They also provide a listing of part-time jobs on-campus as well as off-campus to assist students financially and enhance academic study with on-the-job experience.
- Honors Program: The Vincennes University Honors Program is open to outstanding students of all majors who wish to develop their talents to the fullest. Through a combination of honors courses, leadership opportunities, cultural events, and creative activity, the Honors Program is designed to enhance the intellectual lives of the students who participate as well as the University's academic community.
- Housing: In addition to the classroom experience, the campus offers six residence halls, multiple dining facilities, and a student recreation center.
LAST UPDATED ON Nov 17, 2017