Captains Licensing Blended Learning & Online Courses in USCG & FCC Radio Licenses in Michigan, Illinois, Wisconsin & Indiana
HQ in Traverse City MI, US Captain’s Training provides online captain’s license courses and blended classroom captain’s license courses at various locations. US Captain’s Training also provides fully online FCC courses. Online captain’s license courses are completed online and testing is done in person.
The blended captain’s license courses are started online and finished in a classroom. FCC licensing is done completely online and you receive your official copy in an email from the FCC.
Start the blended captain’s license course by completing as much as you can online and then finish in a classroom with an instructor over a 5 day period. Complete the online captain’s license course by finishing four online captain’s license course modules and then one day of testing in a classroom with an instructor.
Blended Course Locations: Michigan (Traverse City, Port Huron, St. Ignace, Petoskey, Muskegon & Grand Rapids); Illinois (Evanston & Rock Island); Wisconsin (Green Bay) ; Indiana (Mediapolis & Burlington)
Blended Captains Courses
- Blended OUPV: The Blended Captain’s License Course is given in a 4 to 5 day block and includes the in-person final examination. Upon enrollment you receive access to the online modules which lets you get started right away and be well prepared for the classroom session when you arrive.
- Blended Master: Earn a master captain’s license and take unlimited paying passengers, up to 200 miles offshore, on a vessel up to 100 GRT.
Online Captains Courses
- Online OUPV: The four exam module make up the OUPV Captain’s License Course - Rules of the Road: International and Inland, Navigation General - Near Coasta, Navigation Problems - Chart Plot; and Deck General/Safety.
- Online Master: 25, 50 or 100 ton Master Captain’s License. The five exam modules include - Rules of the Road: International and Inland, Navigation General - Near Coastal, Navigation Problems - Chart Plot, Deck General 50, and Deck Safety 50.
- Increase in Scope: Increase in Scope from Great Lakes & Inland to Near Coastal Master Captain’s License Course. The three exam modules make up the Increase in Scope from Great Lakes & Inland to Near Coastal Master Captains License Course. This include - Rules of the Road: International and Inland, Navigation General Near Coastal, and Deck General 50.
- Upgrade OUPV to Master 100 Tons: The Upgrade OUPV to Master Captain’s License Course upgrades your captain’s license from an OUPV to a Master Captain’s License up to 100 tons which allows you to take more than six paying passengers.
- Captain’s License Renewal: Take the Online Captain’s License Renewal Course instead of filling out sea service forms. The course is for those captains who do not have the 360 days of sea service required to renew their license or would like to by pass the sea service forms.
Online Endorsement Courses
- Towing Endorsement: An Assistance Towing Endorsement may be added to an OUPV or Master captains license. It can be added to a current license or applied for at the same time as your original captain’s license.
- Sailing Endorsement: The Sailing Endorsement can be added to a current license or applied for at the same time as your original captain’s license.
Online USCG Courses
- Online Steersman: An Apprentice Mate (Steersman) of Towing Vessels is a training license for Mate of Towing. The six exam modules include - Rules of the Road: International and Inland, Navigation General Near Coastal, Navigation Problems Chart Plot, Navigation Problems Near Coastal, Deck General 70, and Deck Safety 70.
- Online Able Seaman (AB) Course: The Online Able Seaman Course is convenient, reliable, and affordable. An able seaman (AB) is a Naval rating of the deck department of a merchant ship with more than two years’ experience at sea. Three exam modules include - Navigation and Rules of the Road, Deck General/Safety, and Marlinespike Seamanship Practical Demonstration
- Upgrade Master 100 Ton To Master/Mate 200 Ton: The Upgrade Master 100 Tons to Master/Mate 200 Tons Captain’s License Course upgrades your captain’s license from a Master less than 100 tons to Master or Mate less than 200 tons.
- Train The Trainer: The Train the Trainer course allows mariners who hold a captains license to become USCG approved Qualified Instructors for courses within the scope of their license. It meets the latest USCG regulations concerning subject matter and testing requirements.
- Marine Radio Operator Permit
- General Radiotelephone Operator License
- Ship Radar Endorsement
- GMDSS Radio Operator’s License
LAST UPDATED ON Aug 4, 2021