What is your Language? (Select to translate)
Logistics, Purchasing & Supply Chain Management Education & Executive Programs at Eli Broad College of Business
Michigan State University's Eli Broad College of Business, which includes the Eli Broad Graduate School of Management, is consistently ranked among the top business schools in the country, with more than 6,000 students currently enrolled in undergraduate, MBA, masters, doctoral and executive development programs.
Accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) since 1953, representing the highest standard of achievement for business schools worldwide. Institutions that earn accreditation confirm their commitment to quality and continuous improvement through a rigorous and comprehensive peer review.
The Supply Chain Management Department programs are the most widely recognized in the United States that offer integration among these critical, value-adding components to enhance global competitiveness. The objectives are to provide and encourage students to pursue concentrations within their area of interest. As a result, industry looks to MSU as the prime supplier of Supply Chain Management talent in abundant job opportunities.
- BA in Business Administration - Supply Chain Management (SCM) Major: Supply Chain Management integrates topics from manufacturing operations, purchasing, transportation, and physical distribution into a unified program. The program offers integration among these critical, value-adding components to enhance global competitiveness.
- MBA with Concentration in Supply Chain Management: The Broad Full-time MBA program prepares you for all levels of management within an organization. You'll leave with a complete understanding of the strategic positioning of a firm, its value chain, and how business activities contribute to total performance. The Supply Chain Management MBA Program at Broad has earned top rankings and a worldwide reputation for the recognition that both traditional and electronic commerce require effective and efficient product production and fulfillment.
- MS in Supply Chain Management: The Master of Science in Supply Chain Management (MSSCM) degree is a unique graduate program providing specific deeper knowledge of supply chain practices and technologies in a structure that it allows it to be completed while students are working full time. The MSSCM program augments a student’s understanding regarding the role of supply chain management in enterprise strategy. It introduces students to current SCM operating practices, analysis methods, technology applications and strategy development. It incorporates a rigorous cross-functional blend of courses focusing on the relationship of supply chain management to information technology and innovation processes.
Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Business Administration
- Logistics Doctoral Program: The program focuses on preparing students for academic positions at top-tier research universities. The logistics doctoral program is a small, but elite, program focusing on theory and research that advances the supply chain logistics discipline.
- Operations & Sourcing Management Doctoral Program: The program focuses on training Ph.D. students for faculty positions at top-tier research universities around the world. Students can specialize in either operations management or sourcing management with research focusing on theory development and model building in areas such as operations strategy, technology management, new product development, outsourcing, supply management and broader supply chain issues ranging from strategic supply chain design to tactical and operational level planning and coordination.
Executive Development Programs
- Supply Chain Logistics Management Executive Seminar
- Purchasing and Supply Chain Management Executive Seminar
- Supply Chain Management: Where Rail Can Make the Difference
- Railway Management Focused Seminar
- Railway Management Certificate Program (Four weeks - one week per month)
- Custom Programs
- Master Certificate in Supply Chain Management & Logistics
- Master Certificate in Supply Chain Management & Operations
- Master Certificate in Supply Chain Management & Procurement
- Master Certificate in Integrated Supply Chain Management
- Advanced Master Certificate in Integrated Supply Chain Management
- Master Certificate in Global Supply Chain Management
- Master Certificate in Advanced Procurement Management
MSU-BROAD College Features
Michigan State University Spartans work to advance the common good in uncommon ways. The nation’s pioneer land-grant university, MSU began as a bold experiment that democratized higher education and helped bring science and innovation into everyday life. Today, MSU is one of the top research universities in the world—on one of the biggest, greenest campuses in the nation—and is home to a diverse community of dedicated students and scholars, athletes and artists, scientists and leaders. The mission of the Eli Broad College of Business and the Eli Broad Graduate School of Management at Michigan State University is to excel in the education and development of business leaders and in the creation and dissemination of knowledge, leading to national and international prominence for core businesses (undergraduate, MBA, MS, PhD, research and executive development programs).
- MSU Campus & Profile: Michigan State University (MSU) is a public research university in East Lansing, Michigan USA. Founded in 1855, it was the pioneer land-grant institution and served as a model for future land-grant colleges. MSU's sprawling campus is located in East Lansing, Michigan. The campus is perched on the banks of the Red Cedar River.
- Accreditation: Michigan State University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools. The Broad College of Business has been accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) since 1953.
- Broad College Rankings: In 2010, the Broad College’s full-time MBA program was ranked 20th overall and seventh among public universities by Bloomberg Businessweek, which also ranked the program second in the nation for return on investment. In addition, the full-time MBA program is ranked 21st by Forbes and 46th by U.S. News & World Report. The Broad College’s undergraduate program was ranked 28th overall and 16th among public universities by U.S. News & World Report in 2010. It is ranked 43rd overall and 16th among public universities by Bloomberg Businessweek. More on rankings.
- Broad Academic Departments: Accounting & Information Systems, Finance, Management, Marketing, and Supply Chain Management
- Supply Chain Management Council: The Corporate and Student Relations Office coordinates the MSU Supply Chain Management Council- a group of companies that provide financial and other support to the SCM Program. The SCM Council consists of representatives from these firms and faculty members from the Department of Supply Chain Management. SCM Council members participate in the SCM Program by providing advice and counsel to the SCM students and faculty. Members receive benefits from this association through affiliation with one of the premier Supply Chain Management programs in the country by networking with students as potential employees, being a recipient of new ideas from ongoing faculty research and participating in the SCM meetings and in discussions of topics of mutual interest.
- IBM On-Demand Supply Chain Center: The IBM Supply Chain Laboratory serves as an environment for modeling and analysis of an on-demand supply chain. Broad School graduate students and faculty use the laboratory to study, simulate and test the key relationships in an end to end supply chain, focusing on the dynamic flow of information and the resulting interdependencies between them. Their work is expected to help IBM and other companies build dynamic supply chains that can sense and rapidly respond to changing customer demands and market conditions.
- Career Services: MSU Career Services Network offers more general information and services for recruiters, students and alumni. The Undergraduate Lear Career Services Center is dedicated to providing highly individualized and progressive career development and placement support to undergraduate students preparing for careers in business. The MBA Career Services Center offers a variety of methods for corporate employers to meet and recruit Broad candidates.