Transport Canada Approved STCW Vessel Personnel with Security Responsibilities (VPWSR / PDSD) Certification Online by VMA
The Vessel Personnel with Security Responsibilities (VPWSR) certification, also known as Proficiency in Designated Security Duties (PDSD) is intended for ship crew and staff working onboard vessels who is assigned to have Designated Security Duties onboard. This proficiency is required as per the STCW code and convention through Regulation A-VI/6 & Table A-VI/6 and also a requirement of Chapter XI-2 of SOLAS.
According to Transport Canada regulations, a member of the vessel personnel with security responsibilities on a SOLAS ship shall hold a certificate of proficiency as a member of the vessel personnel with security responsibilities issued by a Transport Canada approved training organization or an approved course provider of the foreign administration under which the ship operates.
The Virtual Maritime Academy (VMA) online course is intended to provide the knowledge required to enable personnel with designated security duties in connection with a Ship Security Plan (SSP) to enhance ship security in accordance with the requirements of the ISPS & STCW Codes. The course is also in compliance with Transport Canada MTSR 214.
Online VPWSR course online is approved by Transport Canada and internationally recognized as it complies with the international regulations on Maritime Security mandated by IMO.
VPWSR (PDSD) Certification Online
- The online Transport Canada Vessel Personnel with Security Responsibilities (VPWSR OR PDSD) course is intended for ship crew and staff working onboard vessels who is assigned for Designated Security Duties.
- The course lasts for approximately 11.25 hours
- The course is fully online and there is no requirement to attend the assessments in a classroom.
- The learners are required to submit their official Photo ID which is required by Transport Canada.
- Upon successful completion of the online course, a hard copy will be mailed without any charges.
- Acceptance: This is an internationally recognized course. All IMO whitelisted countries accept Transport Canada Approved Courses. For further information, please check with your employer.
VPWSR Course Content
- Maritime Security Policy
- Security Responsibilities
- Ship Security Assessment
- Security Equipment
- Threat Identification
- Ship Security Actions
- Emergency Preparedness
- Security Administration
LAST UPDATED ON Feb 22, 2022