Supply Chain Management Education in South Carolina
Greenville Technical College is the largest public two-year college in South Carolina, serving a fall headcount of almost 15,000 curriculum students. The college provides exceptional learning opportunities primarily to the residents of Greenville County. Curricular offerings include technical courses, certificates, diplomas, and associate degrees in business, computer technology, health sciences, engineering technologies, industrial technologies, and public service; and university transfer courses.
Since the college is an open admission institution, students come from diverse socioeconomic and educational backgrounds. Affordable education is provided through traditional and electronic means at times and locations convenient to students. Faculty and staff are student-centered, flexible, and recognized in their fields. Various educational support services are provided to facilitate the teaching / learning process and to enhance the academic and personal development of the student, including an emphasis on articulation with local high schools and other colleges and universities.
The college also provides an extensive offering of continuing education courses for occupational advancement and personal interest, as well as economic development services that encourage business and industrial growth in a diverse economic community.
- AAS Degree in Supply Chain Management: Associate in Applied Science degree in Supply Chain Management provide students with the knowledge to be successful in the Supply Chain Management field which includes: exposing students to the entire supply chain process; preparing students for national certification exams sponsored by the Institute of Supply Chain Management; and preparing students for national certification exams sponsored by the American Production and Inventory Control Society. This program integrates purchasing, shipping and receiving, production and inventory control, quality assurance and control, and stores and warehousing into the overall materials management concept.
GREENVILLE TECH Features
Located in one of the fastest growing regions of the south, Greenville Tech is ideally situated to offer excellent training and placement opportunities to students. Surrounded by world-class manufacturing and business leaders, Greenville is home to national and international names including BMW, Michelin, Lockheed Martin and others. Greenville Tech students benefit from extensive hands-on training, internships, co-op programs, and partnerships with area business and industry. In addition, because Greenville Tech works closely with area employers, listening to their needs, and updating programs to meet current and future technologies, graduates are well prepared to meet emerging employment trends.
- Campus: Greenville Tech is a four-campus system, covering Greenville County with convenient locations close to where you live and work. Barton Campus- Main campus near downtown Greenville; Brashier Campus - Satellite campus serving the Golden Strip; Greer Campus - Satellite campus serving Greer and Taylors; and Northwest Campus - Satellite campus serving Travelers Rest, Berea and West Greenville. Greenville is also within a short driving distance of popular cities like Charlotte, NC; Asheville, NC; Atlanta, GA; and Charleston, SC.
- Accreditation: Greenville Technical College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award associate degrees, diplomas and certificates. The AAS Degree in Supply Chain Management is accredited by the Association of Collegiate Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
- Small Classes: The classes are designed to give you a strong start. The average class, in fact, has just 21 students, and lecture classes average just 24 students. This size allows instructors to know you and to track your progress. So if your grades start to slip or you run into a problem, your instructors are there to take an interest and to help you through the rough spots.
- Transferability: Greenville Tech works closely with four-year institutions across the state and beyond to create a seamless transfer process. Greenville Tech students are welcomed by senior institutions.
- Employability: Greenville Tech enjoys an excellent relationship with area employers and these relationships are strengthened by confidence in the caliber of graduate that Greenville Tech consistently produces.
- Student Life: Student Activities provides opportunities for growth and fun. Greenville Tech has a wide variety of clubs and organizations waiting for you like The Critics Choice, a group dedicated to theater, or the very active chapter of Phi Theta Kappa, which encourages scholarship, leadership, and service.
- Student Housing: Housing available to students through Greenville Tech Foundation managed facilities located at the Barton campus of Greenville Tech College.
LAST UPDATED ON Jan 12, 2017