City & Guilds, NVQ and BTEC Qualifications and Apprenticeships in Marine Engineering and Warehousing & Storage in Poole, Dorset
Located at Poole, Dorset in UK, the Bournemouth and Poole College (BPC) is the largest provider of Further Education (FE) and Apprenticeships in the area and delivers further education, higher education and apprenticeship courses. BPC provides a wide range of professional and technical programs which provide entry to university and membership of internationally recognized professional organizations. With over 11,000 students from across the region, the UK and the world (over 40 countries), it is one of the largest colleges in the Region.
BPC Apprenticeships training is ranked in the top 30% of colleges and work with over 2,000 businesses. The college the first in the UK to launch e-lab, providing in-house access to work skills training and exclusive jobs (every day four students get a job). Bournemouth and Poole College is one of the only providers of Marine training in Bournemouth and in Poole on the south coast of England.
The Marine Technology Centre in Poole contains the latest marine equipment and technologies and has a total capacity of around 250 students. The centre is closely supported by many leading marine organizations such as British Marine Federation. The courses at the centre are very hands-on and have been designed to match industry requirements.
Marine Engineering Programs
- Level 3 Marine Engineering - Technical Certificate in Marine Construction, Systems Engineering and Maintenance Electrical (2 years, part time): You will be working in a classroom and workshop environment where your duties will encompass many areas of work such as installation and identification of equipment, materials and components and the principles that govern the electrical supply systems installed and used on small to medium leisure craft. As well as developing a detailed knowledge and understanding of marine engines and their auxillary systems.
- Level 3 Marine BTEC Extended Certificate (1 year full time): The Marine BTEC National level 3 Extended Certificate in Engineering (RQF) is a vocational engineering qualification that has been tailored to the marine industry. Covering mechanical and electrical.
- Level 2 Marine Engineering - C&G 2463-02 Certificate in Marine Construction, Systems Engineering (1 year, part time): The course will also be a great starting point for anyone wanting to train as a marine engineer. You will be working in a classroom and workshop environment where your studies will encompass areas of work such as the identification and maintenance of marine engines and propulsion systems. The course is tailored towards the servicing and maintenance of pleasure boats and yachts.
- Level 2 Marine Engineering (35 weeks full time): As well as learning vocational skills that will help you progress in the marine industry. The Level 2 will provide you with essential skills in engineering materials, Health and Safety, electrical and mechanical science and the all-important engineering mathematics.
- Level 1 Marine Electrical (11 weeks part time): This course centers on the City and Guilds 2850-10 Certificate in engineering. The course will cover electrical and electronic assembly principles. As well as tools, materials and Health and Safety.
Marine Apprenticeship Programs
- Level 3 Marine Engineering Advanced Apprenticeship - Marine Engines and Propulsion Systems Pathway (24 months): An Advanced Apprenticeship in Marine Engineering will develop your employability skills and give you valuable experience of a variety of marine engineering related activities. You will be working in a workshop environment where your duties could encompass many areas of work such as fault diagnosis of inboard and outboard engines and propulsion systems, assembly and installation of marine equipment, fault diagnosis of hydraulic and propulsion systems. Your exact duties will depend upon your employer.
- Level 3 Marine Engineering Advanced Apprenticeship - Marine Electrical Systems Pathway (24 months): You will be working in a workshop environment where your duties could encompass many areas of work such as maintenance of electrical equipment and systems, re-commissioning equipment, functions of electrical components, electricity supply systems and functions of electrical machines and motors and installation of electronic navigation systems, preparation of and installation of these systems and how to commission them. Your exact duties will depend upon your employer.
- Level 2 Marine Engineering Apprenticeship - Marine Engines and Propulsion Systems Pathway (36 weeks): An Apprenticeship in Marine Engineering will develop your employability skills and give you valuable experience in Marine Engineering and related activities. You will be working in a workshop environment where your duties could encompass many areas of work such as repair and maintenance of inboard and outboard engines, assembly and installation, hydraulics and propulsion systems. Your exact duties will depend upon your employer.
- Level 2 Marine Engineering Apprenticeship - Marine Electrical Systems Pathway (36 weeks): An Apprenticeship in Marine Electrical Engineering will develop your employability skills and give you valuable experience in Marine Electrical Engineering and related activities.
Bachelor Degree Level Marine Apprenticeship
- BEng (Hons) Degree Apprenticeship in Engineering - Marine Technologies (72 months part time - Bournemouth University): The Degree Apprenticeship in Marine Technologies offers a creative way of training the next generation of skilled industry workers. Apprentices work as part a team and gain in-depth knowledge and skills in marine manufacturing and design.
- Level 2 Certificate in Warehousing & Storage Operations (Work Based Learning) (1 year part-time): The qualification has been designed to support those involved with distributive operations, such as dealing with inbound and outbound deliveries, assembling order through to dispatching goods, keeping stock at required levels, operating equipment to perform work requirements.
- Level 3 Diploma in Warehousing & Storage Operations (Work Based Learning) (1 year part time): By achieving this nationally recognized qualification you will gain a valuable understanding of warehousing and logistics in a supervisory or team leader position to the level of professionalism required by this sector.
- Warehousing and Storage - Free Online Course (4 months online): The warehousing and storage of goods is an essential part of logistics operations within a business. Roles within this industry require great skill and organization to coordinate the demand and supply of goods and ultimately meet customer needs.
LAST UPDATED ON Dec 13, 2020