RYA and MCA Approved Yacht Courses, STCW Training for Superyacht Crew and RYA Online & Practical Courses in Poole, Dorset
Located at Poole Dorset in UK, Poole Harbour Sea Survival (PHSS) delivers RYA and MCA approved marine training programs onsite and online including STCW Basic Safety Training, RYA courses and bespoke Maritime Training.
The company provides professional high quality and enjoyable training courses by a small dedicated team with background such as Master Mariners, First Officers, Commercial, Pleasure and Leisure boat skippers, Paramedics, Police trainers, Fire Fighters, RNLI and Military experience.
The MCA STCW and the RYA courses are available as a package or individually and PHSS can offer customized training to meet personal or organizational needs.
The combination of classroom and practical sessions make learning an enjoyable and valuable experience.
RYA Training Courses
- RYA GMDSS VHF (SRC) Radio Course (1 day): This course covers all aspects of the RYA and MCA syllabus for anyone who operates a handheld or fixed marine VHF (Very High Frequency) and VHF/DSC (Digital Selective Calling) radio. You will receive the SRC (Short Range Certificate) on successful completion of the exam process via the RYA.
- RYA / MCA Sea Survival Course (1 day): This comprehensive course will give you the essential practical skills and theoretical knowledge to react effectively to an emergency abandonment with or without a liferaft. PHSS has been supported by Viking Life-Saving Equipment and provides quality equipment for your use and demonstration purposes throughout the day.
- RYA First Aid Course (1 day): A one-day course covering first aid from a boating perspective. The course is aimed at anyone afloat, whether on inland waters, rivers, estuaries or on cross channel passages.
- RYA Radar Course (1 day): The is designed to give small craft seafarers an understanding of radar as an aid to navigation and for collision avoidance.
- RYA Diesel Engine Course (1 day): The aim of this course is to provide an awareness of a marine diesel engine and enable you to be more self sufficient. Includes practical hands on sessions using a real working diesel engine making this course different to many others on offer.
- RYA Essential Navigation, Day Skipper, Coastal Skipper, Yachtmaster (40 hours): A basic introduction to navigation and safety for anyone new to boating: sailors, powerboaters, sea anglers, divers and boatmasters.
- RYA Practical Powerboat Course: RYA Powerboat Level I, II, Intermediate, Advanced, Instructors and RYA Motorboat, RYA Motor Cruiser, Helmsman, Day Skipper, Coastal Skipper Courses and Yachtmaster preparation.
- RYA Practical Motor Cruiser Course: RYA Powerboat Level I, II, Intermediate, Advanced, Instructors and RYA Motorboat, RYA Motor Cruiser, Helmsman, Day Skipper, Coastal Skipper Courses and Yachtmaster preparation.
Bespoke Maritime Training
- Search and rescue
- Pacing/ underways / interdiction
- High speed navigation and boat operation
- Night navigation, night operations
- Night pacing, underways, personnel/firearm delivery
- Maritime Security
- Anti poaching drills
- RYA courses sea survival, VHF radio etc, powerboat to Yachtmaster
- Own boat tuition
- Boating instructor preparation and instructor courses
- Boat delivery UK, Europe, Med and further afield
- First aid and FAW