First Aid and Medical Courses for Maritime and Offshore Professionals in Hesketh Bank, Lancashire
Based in Hesketh Bank Lancashire, Orion Training specializes in Medical Care & First Aid Training and in particular Maritime, Mountain, Expedition and Industrial Training. Orion offers a range of courses designed to suit individual and corporate needs. Orion Training offers a series of courses for Medical First Aid Training in the Maritime Sector.
Orion Training is registered to deliver the international certificate in offshore first aid, for workers involved in all offshore mobile rigs/drilling units and support vessels. This ticket is in compliance with STCW regulations.
The ISM Code is now internationally mandatory, under SOLAS (Safety of Life at Sea) Chapter IX.
First Aid & Medical Courses
- Elementary First Aid: The objective of the training is to give all persons intending to go to sea, a basic knowledge of the immediate action to be taken upon encountering an accident or other medical emergency aboard ship.
- Medical First Aid Aboard Ship: This course is for the seafarer who is destined to deal with Medical First Aid aboard ship complying with the MCA & Merchant Navy Training Board Syllabus - Internationally recognized SOLAS agreement STCW.
- Medical Care On Board Ship: On completion of the training, the trainees will have sufficient knowledge of the types of ships' medical equipment and stores and their use to be able to - diagnose medical problems on board ship, provide medical care to the sick and injured while they remain on board, and participate in coordinated schemes for medical assistance to ships.
- HSE Offshore First Aid: According to offshore Installations & Pipeline works (First Aid) Regulations 1989 with 3 year Certificate. The refresher certificate can be renewed 3 months before expiry of current certificate.
Other Training Programs
- Mountain First Aid & Medicine
- Industrial First Aid & Medical Courses
- L M A Laryngeal Mask Airway
Orion Training programs seems to be not available at the moment. Please check back with us later.