Maritime Trade Technical Training - Welding, Pipefitting, Design, Structural Fitter, Safety & Leadership Courses in Mobile, AL
The AIDT Maritime Training Center is a one-of-a-kind facility that will provide company-specific job training to Alabama’s burgeoning shipbuilding industry. The center is a subsidiary of Alabama Industrial Development Training (AIDT), a division of the Alabama Department of Commerce, which encourages economic development through job-specific training. Training services are offered in many areas including, AIDT maritime courses, at no cost, to new and expanding businesses throughout the State.
The Maritime Training Center provides job seekers with the qualifications and skills needed to join the growing maritime industry, as well as to meet the needs of related industries throughout Alabama. It is a multipurpose training and education facility, featuring high bay welding shops, classrooms, and a computer lab. The center is a NCCER accredited training unit under the Gulf States Shipbuilders Consortium and a member of the Alabama Community College System.
The Maritime Training Center focuses on training individuals on Maritime-specific and Industrial-specific courses that will increase their knowledge of the industry, teach different industry-specific trade skills, and help individuals become more of a valuable applicant and employee for their employers.
Location & Details: AIDT Maritime Training Center
The Maritime Training Center provides training for individuals and registered companies in several industry-specific skills. These classes are at no cost and advertised from time to time.
AIDT Maritime Courses
- NCCER Welding Levels 1 & 2 - Part 1 (480 hours days, 256 hours nights)
- NCCER Welding Levels 1 & 2 - Part 2 (240 hours nights)
- NCCER Welding Levels 1 & 2 - Part 3 (240 hours nights)
- SMAW Welding Plate & Pipe (96 hours)
- TIG Welding Plate and Pipe (96 hours)
- NCCER Levels 1 & 2 Pipefitting (168 hours)
- AutoCAD Skills Assessment (48 hours)
- Marine Design (40 hours)
- ShipConstructor - Hull & Structure (40 hours)
- ShipConstructor - Outfitting (40 hours)
Structural Fitter Courses
- Intermediate Blueprint Reading (18 hours)
- NCCER Structural Fitter(480 hours days, 256 hours nights)
- NCCER Basic Rigging
- NCCER Fire Watch
- OSHA 10 Hour Construction
- OSHA 10 Hour General Industry
- OSHA 10 Hour Maritime
LAST UPDATED ON Oct 10, 2018