Supply Chain Management Education at the Raymond J. Harbert College of Business
Established in 1856, Auburn University has developed into among the biggest universities in the South, staying in the educational vanguard with its traditional mixture of arts and applied science, and transforming together with the requirements of today while living with a reverence for the customs and nature that are Auburn. The university has been recorded among the best 50 public universities for 18 straight years, and is ranked the 38th public university in the country in the 2011 version of U.S. News and World Report.
Opelika Airport: Auburn University manages and owns Opelika Airport, supplying fuel and flight instruction, maintenance, and plane storage. The Department of Aviation Management and Supply Chain Management of the College of Business is the sole program in the country to hold dual accreditation by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) as well as the Aviation Accreditation Board International.
Supply Chain Management Education: The Raymond J. Harbert College of Business has three such programs. Students can graduate with professional concentrations in Supply Chain Management, Aviation Management, and/or Flight Management.
Location & Other Details: Harbert College of Business
- BS in Supply Chain Management: The Supply Chain Management program unites logistics and operations management knowledge to provide a comprehensive instruction for students interested in careers with retailers, manufacturers, consultancies, and logistics services suppliers. The primary goal of the program would be to provide a practical knowledge of operations, procurement, logistics, and transport so that graduates will excel in graduate school entry level management positions, and future opportunities.
- Internships: Graduating from the SCM program requires completing a relevant, career-enhancing professional experience. Students have the opportunity to complete three-month and six-month internships, with more than 95% of students having completed at least 300 hours of employment with an organization.
AUBURN U Features
Most universities offer all-inclusive systems and strength in different types of academic offerings. At Auburn University, it is a different feeling in the setting, a connection that folks have been describing as "just like family" for more than 150 years.
- Campus: Located at Auburn, Alabama, the campus spans 1,841 acres, 206 academic buildings and 427 total buildings. The College of Business is located at Lowder Business Building at the historic Magnolia Avenue.
- Accreditation: Auburn University is accredited by the Commission of Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACSCOC). The College of Business is accredited by Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB).
- Supply Chain Programs: Undergraduate and graduate programs in Supply Chain Management.
- Student Activities: The Office of Student Involvement is focused on providing opportunities for many students to actively participate in educationally and socially fulfilling purposeful experiences inside as well as outside the classroom. Involvement in campus activities is an excellent chance to independently acquire leadership skills including teamwork, decision making and preparation, while creating relationships that are significant. There's some thing for almost everyone, with over 300 student organizations to select from.
- Enrollment & Faculty: Total: 25,078 student with undergraduate: 20,221, graduate: 3,874 and professional enrolment 2,983. The are over 1700 faculty at the university.
- International Presence & Study Abroad: Auburn University is committed to preparing the students for today's global economy. Office of International Education plays a proactive role in advising international students on admissions, immigration, study abroad options, and other initiatives sponsored by different academic units. With over 800 international students, more than 500 AU students studying abroad and a truly global faculty, AU provides its students and community with access to a world of opportunity.
- Career Leadership Seminars: These events are coordinated to improve self awareness, improve leadership abilities and get ready for the career advancement process. The seminars can help you learn how to assess, market and convey leadership abilities to possible employers and facilitate a much better understanding of yourself.
LAST UPDATED ON