Southern Polytechnic State University is merged with Kennesaw State University. Please visit our Georgia Section or USA Section for Similar Programs
Founded in 1948, Southern Polytechnic is a residential, co-educational member of the very progressive University System of Georgia. Approximately 5,500 students study here, from some 36 states and 64 countries. The academic, professional, outreach, and service programs embrace all aspects of technology, including the practical applied skills needed to solve today's real-world problems and the theoretical knowledge necessary to meet tomorrow's challenges.
SPSU graduates are well prepared to lead the scientific and economic development of an increasingly complex state, nation, and world. The mission of SPSU is to serve both traditional and non-traditional students at the undergraduate, graduate, and continuing education levels, in engineering and engineering technology, the sciences, applied liberal arts, business and professional programs.
SPSU’s School of Engineering Technology and Management will meet the technological, entrepreneurial, and globalization needs of Georgia’s industries and businesses. The Industrial Engineering Technology Department houses four undergraduate, one graduate and five certificate programs including logistics and supply chain programs.
- BS in Industrial Engineering Technology with Concentration in Logistics: Offering the only Industrial Engineering Technology program in the University System of Georgia, Southern Polytechnic prepares you to help make organizations more efficient, productive, and cost-effective. The primary objective of the Concentration in Logistics is to provide training and education to students interested in entering the Supply Chain industry.
- BAS Degree in Supply Chain Logistics: The Bachelor of Applied Science in Supply Chain Logistics has been specifically designed for students who have completed an Associate of Applied Science Degree from a Technical College System of Georgia institution. The BAS Supply Chain Logistics prepares students for careers in managing raw materials, work-in-process and finished goods inventories and how to efficiently control the movement of those inventories.
- Certificate in Logistics (Industrial Engineering Technology) - On campus, Distance & Online: The primary objective of the Certificate in Logistics is to provide training and education to members of the Supply Chain industry that need to improve skills and knowledge in the latest technology available in their field. Students can complete the requirements in 4-6 semesters. The courses may also be applied toward completing a BS degree in Industrial Engineering Technology.
SOUTHERN POLY Features
Since the founding in 1948, the university has earned an exceptional academic reputation. But it's more than just the programs of study that make SPSU a great place to live and learn - it's the bright students, the dedicated and experienced faculty, and the hands-on approach to education.
- Campus: The campus is located on 203 acres of naturally wooded landscape in the historic and vibrant city of Marietta, Georgia and just 20 minutes from downtown Atlanta.
- Accreditation: Southern Polytechnic State University is regionally accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools. Industrial Engineering Technology is accredited by the Technology Accreditation Commission of ABET.
- University Honors Program: The SPSU Honors Program provides academically talented students the opportunity to develop their talents and skills in an expanded and enriched curriculum. It features seminar-size classes that demand intellectual rigor.
- Online Learning: Southern Polytechnic State University offers online and blended learning delivery options for many of our programs and courses. SPSU first online program was offered in 1995, and the university continues to expand the online program and course offerings.
- Northwest Crescent Leadership Alliance: This selective leadership program is open to freshmen, sophomores and juniors of member institutions. The selection process targets 4-6 emerging student leaders from each participating college that demonstrate potential to become leaders through on-and/or off-campus leadership and volunteer activities. Students from these institutions gather once a month at respective campuses to explore leadership development theory, diversity, ethics and civic engagement.
- Career Services: The Career and Counseling Center provides job search assistance for graduates and for students seeking full-time, part-time, temporary and on-campus employment. The Center provides assistance to students in preparing for the job search and obtaining employment suited to their career goals and aspirations.
- Cooperative Education: Southern Polytechnic State University offers its students the opportunity to gain valuable work experience related to their academic majors through a university-work sponsored cooperative education program. The co-op program is provided on an alternating-semester basis in most bachelor degree programs.
- Internship Program: The Southern Polytechnic State University Internship program is a short-term work experience in a professional environment where the emphasis is on learning versus earnings. Usually, an Internship is a one-time experience for a student who has attained at least some academic preparation in a professional field.
- Student Housing: SPSU offers nearly 1200 on-campus student housing beds. In addition to providing a convenient and economical "home", on-campus living also meets a student's physical needs of shelter, comfort, and attractive surroundings.