Change the Language
Supply Chain Management Education at the Clayton State School of Business
Clayton State University is located 15 miles from downtown Atlanta in a beautiful lakeside setting. The University currently offers eight master’s degree programs and 40 baccalaureate degree majors. With an enrollment of 6,600 students, Clayton State has experienced significant growth over the past six years. The University is ranked by US News & World Report as having the most diverse student population among comprehensive baccalaureate-level colleges and universities in the Southern United States.
A national pioneer in “ubiquitous mobile computing,” Clayton State University was the third public university in the country to require notebook computers when the Information Technology Project (ITP) started in January 1998. Through ITP Choice, the second phase of ITP, Clayton State continues to provide an atmosphere which prepares graduates to be competent and comfortable with the use of cutting-edge technology.
The Clayton State School of Business is committed to fostering a learning and maturing environment that allows the students to interact with faculty and staff in pursuit of their academic goals. As one of the largest academic units of the University, the students have the opportunity to learn from a world-class faculty with diverse academic and professional backgrounds.
- BBA in Supply Chain Management: Consistent with the mission of the School of Business, the mission of the Supply Chain Management program is to provide a broad based general business education that prepares students for careers in Operations, Transportation, Warehousing, Purchasing, Logistics and Supply Chain Management. Upon successful completion of the program, students should obtain the following learning outcome: Will know the main concepts of SCM and the important systemic and strategic role that SCM plays in business and society; Will know the functions of Purchasing, Production, Warehousing, Inventory Management, Transportation and Logistics and how these functions interact with each other and other business functions in the dynamic global economy; Will know the informational and financial issues involved in planning and operations of the supply chain; Will know the importance of coordinating internal functions and collaborating with external customers, suppliers and third-party service providers to achieve supply chain excellence.
- MBA with Supply Chain Management Concentration: Clayton State University MBA program is one of the very few programs offering an MBA degree with a concentration in Supply Chain Management in the State of Georgia. Its proximity to Atlanta’s Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport and its access to Savanah have made this program a uniquely situated one. College of Business faculty members add their own expertise and hands on experience to this program, making it one of the best Supply Chain Management programs in Southeast United States. The MBA graduates with concentration in Supply Chain Management find employment quickly and easily with firms such as Delta Airlines, Chick-fil-A and business in transportation and healthcare industries. SCM graduates are in such demand, they command impressive salaries.
CLAYTON STATE Features
The James M. Baker University Center, completed in 2004, combines student life and learning in a facility that has no precedent or parallel within the University System or the State of Georgia. The 131,000 square foot building features a 150-seat lecture hall, 17 classrooms, the Lakeside Dining Hall, administrative offices, faculty offices, 2,000 computer ports, and wireless internet access. Laker Hall, a residential living facility, fosters living and learning communities. The Student Activities Center provides a state-of-the-art fitness center, offices for student organizations, a game room, and ballroom. The School of Business occupies a new building as well.
- Campus: The main campus is located 1 ½ miles from Interstate 75 at exit 233 in Morrow, Georgia. With 163 acres, the park-like setting offers a peaceful and safe environment conducive to learning. Clayton State University - Fayette is located in Peachtree City in Fayette County and hosts undergraduate courses.
- Accreditation: The University is accredited by Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools and the School of Business is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) International.
- Honors Program: The Clayton State University Honors Program creates opportunities for students to get a step ahead in developing their academic and leadership skills. Involvement in the Honors program offers students unique opportunities to make the most of their college experience and distinguish themselves in preparation for a career or graduate school.
- Faculty: Three-fourths of the faculty teaching in programs leading to the bachelor’s degree hold the highest degrees in their field. Clayton State has 197 full-time faculty.
- Creating Leaders: Many of the c-level executives and corporate officers in some of the world’s most powerful and influential companies earned their business degree at SDSU’s College of Business Administration.
- Society for Advancement of Management (SAM): SAM is a professional organization focused on leadership development. CSU’s SAM chapter is an excellent opportunity to grow your leadership skills and participate in campus life while being a part of a professional organization. SAM membership consists of university organizations and professionals worldwide.
- Jim Wood Speakers Series: The Speaker Series provides a forum for Georgia’s most celebrated business personalities to engage in insightful discussion with tomorrow’s business leaders. The goal is to forge bonds between Georgia’s business leaders and our students while ensuring they gain insights into current business trends and corporate strategies.
- Small Business Development Center: The Small Business Development Center (SBDC) provides one-on-one counseling to new and existing businesses in Clayton, Fayette, Henry and Spalding Counties. The consultants have additional expertise in the areas of digital marketing, website evaluation and environmental sustainability.
- On-Campus Living: Laker Hall is a 451 bed student housing structure and Georgia's first and only gigaplex residence hall. All first-time and transferring freshman students (registering for 12 credit hours or more) are required to live on-campus in Laker Hall for the fall and spring semesters, unless qualified for an exemption. First-time, full-time students beginning their studies during the summer session are required to live on campus for the summer, fall and spring semesters.
Last updated: May 9, 2017