Supply Chain Management Education at A-State College of Business Jonesboro, AR
About A-State: Arkansas State University-Jonesboro (ASU) provides state-of-the-art innovation and educational excellence. Founded in 1909 as an agricultural school, ASU understands the need for ongoing educational growth and strives to meet the needs of tomorrow’s students today. The university provides nationally recognized and accredited programs in 146 fields of studies and 42 degrees.
A-State Reputation: Arkansas State University enjoys a reputation as a quality regional institution of higher education and is recognized for offering special services to the people of the Arkansas Delta. It is the only comprehensive public university located in this region. Dedicated to teaching, research, and service, the university provides students with the broad educational foundations that help develop critical thinking and analytical skills, decision-making capabilities, and communication skills.
A-State Faculties & Schools: All the programs are offered through various faculties/colleges: Agriculture, Business, Communications, Education, Engineering, Fine Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences, Nursing and Health Professions, Sciences and Math, and University College. The college of business consists of four academic departments: Accounting, Computer & Information Technology, Economics & Finance, and Management & Marketing.
- BS in Global Supply Chain Management: The major in Global Supply Chain Management provides education and training for those interested in planning and implementing successful supply chain strategies both domestically and internationally. Students who graduate from this program will find multiple rewarding career opportunities open to them in the areas of logistics, e-commerce, purchasing, manufacturing, and international business.
- MBA with Supply Chain Management Concentration: The Arkansas State University MBA Program is a professional degree program designed to prepare students of all educational and professional backgrounds for management positions in all types of organizations. The MBA with a Concentration in Supply Chain Management is designed to allow students to complement their studies in business administration with in-depth coverage of the core components of the supply chain functions of business as they relate to companies operating in a dynamic global business environment. Students will complete the 27 hours of the MBA core and 12 additional hours of graduate level courses in supply chain management.
A part of the Arkansas State University System, Arkansas State University enjoys a reputation as a quality regional institution of higher education and is recognized for offering services that are special to the people. It's the only comprehensive public university located in this area. Dedicated to service, research, and teaching, the university provides students with all the broad educational foundations that help develop communication abilities, decision-making capabilities, and critical thinking and analytic abilities. The ASU System includes campuses at Jonesboro (Craighead County), which offers degree programs through the doctoral level; Beebe (White County), Mountain Home (Baxter County), Newport (Jackson County), and Heber Springs, Marked Tree and Searcy where associate degree programs are offered.
- Campus:The ASU-Jonesboro campus occupies an area of 800 acres on the gently rolling slopes of Crowley’s Ridge, in the City of Jonesboro. The university is located about halfway between the Mississippi River Valley, one of the most fertile areas in the world, and the Ozark Mountains, rich in American folklore and tradition.
- Accreditation:Arkansas State University's commitment to excellence in higher education is demonstrated by its accreditation by The Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association. The College of Business programs are accredited by AASCB International.
- Oak Ridge Associated Universities (ORAU):Since 2004, students and faculty of Arkansas State University have gained from its membership in Oak Ridge Associated Universities (ORAU). ORAU is a consortium of 98 schools and universities situated in Oak Ridge, Tennessee. ORAU works with its member associations to assist their students and faculty gain access to federal research facilities through the state; to keep its members informed about opportunities for fellowship, scholarship, and research appointments; and to organize research alliances among its members.
- Student Life:Arkansas State University is a dynamic place to study business. Take one step inside the College of Business and you enter a community that is full of energy and new ideas. You will find engaged students interacting with the renowned business faculty to meet the challenges of the global economy. It is a place where new ways of thinking, new business strategies, and new friendships come to life everyday.
- Online Classes:ASU offers 200+ classes online. Online classes are convenient and flexible. Because online courses do not have set meeting times, students can choose when and where they want to complete their coursework.
- The Wilson Center for Academic Advising:The Wilson Advising Center is the primary home for advisement of xploratory (un-decided) and Interdisciplinary Degree students at ASU. This ofﬁ ce offers walk-in style services Monday through Friday for students who have general advising questions.
- Internship:An internship at ASU lasts for 120 clock hours. Internships are offered during the Fall, Spring, and both summer sessions. When you have at least 9 (nine) upper-level hours in your major. These hours are over and above the core classes and, prefers grad students have at least 15 graduate hours prior to doing an internship.
- First Year Residential Experience:The First Year Residential Experience (FYRE) program at Arkansas State University provides year long learning opportunities, activities, and support for first-year students. Every first year residential student will belong to one of the three FYRE halls which house the various residential communities. Residence hall directors and resident assistants (RAs) receive special training in the developmental needs of college students, peer counseling and other skills.