Supply Chain Management Degree and Research Programs at Walton College of Business, Fayetteville, AR
Sam M. Walton College of Business: Since its founding at the University of Arkansas in 1926, the Sam M. Walton College of Business has grown to become as the state’s premier college of business - as well as a nationally competitive business school. The U.S. News & World Report 2011 America’s Best Colleges ranked the Walton College in a tie for 24th place among the nation’s public undergraduate schools of business and Supply Chain Management/Logistics specialty at 10th public / 13th overall.
Walton College Academics: The Walton College combines excellent academic programs with a wide range of experiential learning to help its more than 3,600 students connect scholarship with real business practice. It offers a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration and a Bachelor of Science in International Business in eight disciplines.
Walton Research: The college encourages research and creation of the latest business knowledge. Eleven research and outreach centers provide a link to and serve the needs of the business community and the state.
- BS in Business Administration with Supply Chain Management Major: Supply Chain Management majors will complete foundational courses that cover the holistic and integrated areas of supply chain management, a required internship, and will select one of one of seven minors - Business Analytics, ERP/Blockchain, Finance, Economics, Management, Marketing, Retail. Graduates of the Supply Chain Management (SCM) program will find themselves in exciting and diverse roles in organizations where they will manage planning, forecasting, new product introduction, manufacturing production, sourcing, sales, and distribution.
- MS in Supply Chain Management: The Master of Science in Supply Chain Management is designed for early-career business professionals who want to return to school to receive specialized training in supply chain management. Students will choose to specialize in specific tracks to complement their supply chain courses, such as - Business Analytics, Enterprise Resource Planning, Retail Supply Chain Management, Finance, and Blockchain Enterprise Systems.
- Walton MBA with Supply Chain Concentration: The Supply Chain Management Career Track of the Walton MBA prepares you for a leadership position in the fast-growing and fast-moving field. As a supply chain professional, you may have responsibility for logistics network design, inventory management, forecasting, replenishment, and other processes that integrate supply and demand needs in your organization.
- Ph.D. in Supply Chain Management: Students in the program gain knowledge in the theoretical and substantive areas of supply chain management and conceptual skills and methodological tools necessary to design and conduct independent research and interact with others in academic and business environments.
The Walton College is a leading business school that combines excellent student learning experiences with top quality research serving Arkansas and the world. Opportunities such as: the professional development program, “Leadership Walton”; the award winning student business plan competition teams; the stock management portfolio classes where students manage millions of real dollars; and career-related internships give students a significant competitive edge in the job market.
- Campus: Located at Ozark Avenue, Fayetteville is recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of the best places to live and work in the country, Fayetteville brings together the activity of a metropolitan area and the charm of a relaxed mountain getaway.
- Accreditation: UAA is fully accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities. In addition, College of Business and Public Policy (CBPP) is accredited by Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business International (AACSB).
- Student Facts: Walton has approximately 3,300 Undergraduate Students with average class size is 43. Only 5% of classes are taught by Grad students. UA has Over 21,000 students (Undergrad, Graduate, Law) and nearly 200 academic degree programs.
- Leadership Walton: The mission of Leadership Walton is always to be a unique mixture of academic, leadership and career development opportunities made specifically to direct the student toward professional success that is lifelong. Leadership Walton is a program provided by the Walton College Career Center in partnership with Undergraduate Programs.
- Supply Chain Management Research Center: The SCMRC connects linking students, academics, and industry to develop tomorrow's leaders.
- Honors Program: The Walton College honors program consists of two components, the four-year Walton Scholars Program and the Departmental Scholars Program.
- Cooperative Education: Cooperative Education (Co-op) is an optional, academic program that enables students to gain degree-related experience prior to graduation. It is a planned, progressive educational strategy in which the student learns about his/her field of study through hands-on experience in the workplace.
- Study Abroad: The Walton College Study Abroad Program focuses on a wide range of global study experiences for its students with programs in Brazil, China, Japan, and Mexico and Italy, to name a few.
LAST UPDATED ON June 28, 2021