Undergraduate, Graduate & PhD Programs in Ocean Engineering, Marine Engineering Management and, Executive Education in Supply Chain Management Including CPSM
Established in 1961 and opened to public in 1964 - Florida Atlantic University (FAU) also referred to as Florida Atlantic - is a public university located in Boca Raton, Florida, with five satellite campuses located in the Florida cities of Dania Beach, Davie, Fort Lauderdale, Jupiter, and Fort Pierce. Florida Atlantic University is serving student body of over 30,000 undergraduate and graduate students at sites throughout its six-county service region in Southeast Florida.
Ten distinguished colleges offer more than 180 degree programs, faculty researchers utilize more than 40 research centers in fields that span the arts and humanities, the sciences, medicine, nursing, accounting, business, education, public administration, social work, architecture, engineering, computer science and more.
Florida Atlantic University is taking its place among the world’s great research centers and has been classified by the Carnegie Foundation as a research university with high research activity. FAU students come from all 50 states in the U.S., and more than 180 countries.
FAU’s Harbor Branch Oceanographic Institute, located at Fort Pierce, is a world-renowned research facility. The institute drives innovation in ocean engineering, at-sea operations and more. FAU is home to the Southeast National Marine Renewable Energy Center, a federally funded research facility that is developing technology to generate energy by harnessing the power of Florida’s ocean currents.
- BS in Ocean Engineering (BSOE): Ocean engineering is a multidisciplinary field aimed at solving engineering problems associated with working in the ocean environment and wisely exploring and harnessing the ocean's resources. Ocean engineers design, build, operate and maintain ships, offshore structures and a variety of ocean technologies including aircraft carriers, submarines, sailboats, tankers, tugboats, yachts, oil rigs, underwater robots and acoustic sonar.
- Joint BS/MS Degree Program in Ocean Engineering: In this program, students can earn their master's degree in one year after receiving their bachelor's degree; take graduate courses in their senior year for both the bachelor's and master's degrees; and can be qualified for a dean's assistantship for the duration of their master's degree program.
- MS in Ocean Engineering (MSOE) - Thesis Option or Non-Thesis Option or Non-Thesis Option with a Minor in Business: The Department of Ocean and Mechanical Engineering offers an extensive Master of Science degree program in Ocean Engineering with the aim of preparing individuals for engineering challenges to working in the ocean environment. Specialization in specific Ocean Engineering programs is offered through in-depth studies in the areas of Acoustics, Signal processing, Materials and Corrosion, Marine structures, Marine Hydrodynamics and Autonomous Underwater Vehicles.
- Marine Engineering Management Graduate Certificate: This program is being revised. No applications are currently being accepted.
- Offshore Engineering Graduate Certificate (Online): This online certificate program requires satisfactory completion of four of six 3-credit courses, all of which are offered online.
- Doctor of Philosophy with Major in Ocean Engineering: The degree of Doctor of Philosophy with major in Ocean Engineering is conferred on a candidate by the University upon completion of comprehensive training and in recognition of the candidate´s ability to independently and efficiently pursue research in ocean engineering. The requirements for the degree include the performance of original research, the preparation of a dissertation describing this research, and systematic advanced studies in engineering and the underlying sciences. There is also a BS to PhD Direct Path Program available for eligible students.
- Certificate in Supply Management: Florida Atlantic University’s Certificate in Supply Management program follows the Institute for Supply Management’s (ISM) body of knowledge, prepares eligible participants for the CPSM® exam and provides comprehensive instruction in the following 3 knowledge areas of supply management - Foundation of Supply Management, Effective Supply Management Performance, and Leadership in Supply Management.
- Certified Professional in Supply Management (CPSM): Florida Atlantic University’s Certified Professional in Supply Management (CPSM) program follows the Institute for Supply Management’s (ISM) body of knowledge, prepares eligible participants for the CPSM exams and provides comprehensive instruction in the following 3 knowledge areas of supply management: Foundations of Supply Management, Effective Supply Management Performance, and leadership in Supply Management.
LAST UPDATED ON Jun 10, 2019