Logistics, Supply Chain, Transportation and Acquisition Management Degrees and Ocean Engineering Degree & Research Programs at Florida Tech, Offsite Locations & Online
Florida Institute of Technology is an accredited, coeducational, independently controlled and supported university. It is committed to the pursuit of excellence in teaching and research in the sciences, engineering, high-tech fields, business, psychology, liberal arts, aviation and related disciplines, as well as providing the challenges that motivate students to reach their full academic and professional potential.
Today, over 8,985 students are enrolled in programs on and off campus, and online. More than 3,500 students attend class on the Melbourne campus and more than 1,250 at Florida Tech’s off-campus sites, while more than 4,000 students are enrolled in online programs. Florida Tech offers 185 degree programs in science, engineering, aviation, business, education, humanities, psychology and communication. Included are doctoral degrees offered in 22 disciplines and 83 degrees at the master’s level.
Florida Tech’s off-campus programs, also known as the Extended Studies Division, have been offering graduate degree programs since 1972. The off-campus sites and locations include Orlando and Spaceport in Florida; Fort Lee, the National Capital Region and Hampton Roads including Fort Eustis, all in Virginia; Patuxent River and Aberdeen Proving Ground in Maryland; Picatinny Arsenal and Lakehurst in New Jersey; Redstone Arsenal in Huntsville, AL; and the Virtual Campus which offers distance learning programs.
Ocean Engineering Programs
- BS in Ocean Engineering: Students working towards an ocean engineering degree gain fundamental expertise in chemistry, math and physics and build in-depth knowledge of coastal processes, ocean systems and design technologies. Whether you want to develop a new way of preventing coastal erosion, design jetties and seawalls, or become a naval architect, an ocean engineering degree from Florida Tech develops a strong background in engineering with experience in environmental science and instrumentation. The Bachelor of Science degree in Ocean Engineering is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET.
- MS in Ocean Engineering: A master’s in ocean engineering from Florida Tech provides students a multidisciplinary, hands-on program oriented toward the needs of industry. With emphasis on basic engineering sciences, design and modern engineering tools and methods, its one of the only graduate programs that offers training in ocean engineering, naval architecture, oceanography, meteorology, environmental science and coastal management.
- PhD in Ocean Engineering: Ocean engineering Ph.D. programs are not available at every university, but Florida Tech offers a diverse program built on a multidisciplinary approach to many disciplines in engineering. In fact, it is one of the only ocean engineering doctorate programs with training in ocean engineering, naval architecture, oceanography, meteorology, environmental science and coastal management.
Logistics & Supply Chain Management Programs
- BS in Logistics Management (Offsite Locations): When you complete your logistics management bachelor’s degree at Florida Tech, you are prepared to manage every aspect of a company’s flow of goods, resources and information to meet the needs of customers, suppliers and stakeholders. Logistics managers are needed in a number of applications including private and government business, military, humanitarian assistance and disaster relief. The logistics management bachelor’s degree completion program is available at four classroom locations around the United States, including - Eglin AFB, Florida; Fort Dix, New Jersey; Hampton Roads, Virginia; Lake Nona, Florida; Patuxent, Maryland; Roanoke, Virginia; and, Whiteman, Missouri.
- MS in Logistics Management (Offsite Locations & Online): With a logistics management master's degree from Florida Tech, graduates are well prepared to manage a company's flow of goods, resources and information from the point of origination to the intended destination in order to meet the needs of customers, suppliers and stakeholders. Logistics management involves systematic coordination and integration between various modes of operation including air transportation, container ship and rail for different organizations, entities and stakeholders. Locations include - Fort Lee, Hampton Roads, Huntsville, Lakehurst, Melbourne Graduate Center, National Capital Region, Orlando, Patuxent, Picatinny, Spaceport, and, Whiteman.
- MS in Management - Logistics Management (Offsite Locations & Online): The objective of the master's in management with concentration in logistics management is to meet the demand of working professionals who are pursuing upward mobility within their organization and require logistics management skills. Career paths for individuals who earn a master's in management with concentration in logistics management vary as the program is suited for any individual who is advancing their career in the private, public and military sector. Locations include - Aberdeen, Fort Lee, Hampton Roads, Huntsville, Lakehurst, National Capital Region, Orlando, Patuxent, and, Picatinny.
- MS in Management - Transportation Management (Offsite Locations & Online): The objective of the master's in management with concentration in transportation management is to meet the demand of working professionals who are pursuing upward mobility within their organization and require an understanding of transportation management. Career paths for individuals who earn a master's in management with concentration in transportation management vary, as the program is suited for any individual who is advancing their career in the private, public and military sector. Location include- Fort Lee, Hampton Roads, Orlando, and, Picatinny.
- MS in Management - Acquisition and Contract Management (Offsite Locations & Online): The objective of the management master's program with concentration in acquisition and contract management is to meet the demand of working professionals who are pursuing upward mobility within their organization. Career paths for individuals who earn a master's degree in management, especially with a concentration in acquisition and contract management, vary widely as the program is suited for any individual who is advancing their career in the private, public and military sector. Locations include - Aberdeen, Fort Dix, Fort Lee, Hampton Roads, Huntsville, Lakehurst, National Capital Region, Orlando, Patuxent, and, Picatinny.
- MS in Supply Chain Management (Offsite Locations & Online): he master's in supply chain management program from Florida Tech is flexible so that working professionals can continue their employment and maintain their income, while also studying part-time to earn an advanced degree. The master's degree in supply chain management from Florida Tech is available online through Florida Tech Online as well as FIT Orlando in Baldwin Park & FIT Spaceport, located at Kennedy Space Center.
FLORIDA TECH Features
Florida Tech University Online is the partnership between Florida Tech and University Alliance, whose mission is to prepare adult students, wherever they may be, for rewarding and productive professional careers in a work environment that is increasingly global in scope, driven by rapidly changing technology and focused on quality. In pursuit of this mission, Florida Tech University Online seeks to provide students with the finest possible education using the most appropriate delivery technology. Florida Tech University Online offers an education reflective of current best practices and taught by instructors who are fully qualified academically and by the virtue of professional practice. The partnership provides nontraditional students invaluable online access to a quality education.
- Campus: Florida Tech’s campus is located in Melbourne, a residential community on Florida’s Space Coast. The area offers a delightful year-round subtropical climate and inviting ocean beaches. The campus is within an hour’s drive from the entertainment areas in Central Florida and is part of the high-tech corridor.
- Accreditation: Florida Tech is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award associate, baccalaureate, masters, education specialist and doctoral degrees.
- Cooperative Education Program: The cooperative education program is open to all majors. Two co-op plans are offered to students, as well as the engineering Protrack co-op program for engineering majors. The conventional plan integrates alternating periods of full-time paid work experience with full-time academic study. The parallel plan incorporates part-time paid work experience simultaneously with a part-time academic course load. In addition, students can receive credit for approved one-term experiences or back-to-back work terms.
- Career Management Services: The Office of Career Management Services personnel assist students in obtaining professional, career-oriented, permanent employment. Career management services annually presents two career fairs that highlight professionals, agencies, corporations and services from throughout the United States. Career management services maintains an interview schedule throughout the academic year.
- Student Employment: The Office of Student Employment (OSE) assists students in obtaining employment while they are enrolled at the university. Assistance is provided with part-time on- and off-campus employment. Many students find interesting and rewarding jobs that not only help pay their bills, but provide the opportunity to build a base of experience for their future careers.
- Study-Abroad: Several study-abroad opportunities are available to students at Florida Tech through the Office of Academic Affairs. Some of these diverse programs are discipline-specific and target either undergraduate or graduate students.
- Summer Program: A short-term summer program is available for students interested in studying at Oxford University in the United Kingdom. The Florida Tech at Oxford program offers numerous core curriculum courses and is open to all student levels and majors. Students earn six credit hours while studying at Oxford University.
- Research: The University has a long-standing history of conducting cutting-edge research in a wide variety of disciplines and continuously strived to become a world-class research institution. The involvement of undergraduate students in research ensures that they will gain in-depth knowledge of real-world problems. The graduate students, working with faculty members, learn how to define complex problems and seek solutions that will support industry and benefit society in general.
LAST UPDATED ON Mar 5, 2017