Logistics & Supply Chain Management Education & Training, Fire Academy of the South (FAS) Programs and, Environmental Workforce Development & Job Training in Jacksonville
Established in 1966, Florida State College at Jacksonville (FSCJ) is a State College in Jacksonville, and part of the system Florida College. College has four campuses and many others throughout the coastal area, and currently has registered more than 80,000 students, making it the second largest state institution in Florida. FSCJ School of Business provides an array of high-demand business tracks to springboard you into your ideal career path. Whether you decide to pursue a bachelor’s degree, associate degree or technical certificate, the school offers versatile courses of study and specializations to suit your goals, schedule and budget.
The Fire Academy of the South (FAS) provides a wide range of training and educational opportunities to emergency responders in both the public and private sectors. Training levels range from basic skills and certification to advanced education with specialized technical training, including shipboard fire fighting and aircraft rescue fire fighting.
- AS in Supply Chain Management: The Associate in Science (A.S.) in Supply Chain Management degree program educates trains and prepares students for a successful career working in supply chain business environments that involve precise coordination of land, sea and air transportation. Industry Association includes Council of Supply Chain Professionals.
- Bachelor of Applied Science (BAS) in Logistics: The Bachelor of Applied Science (B.A.S.) in Logistics program prepares students with the education and experience necessary for management logistics jobs including operations manager, transportation manager, warehouse manager, distribution manager, logistics coordinator and logistician. Industry Associations include - APICS, and Council of Supply Chain Management Professionals.
- Technical Certificate - Logistics and Transportation Specialist: The Logistics and Transportation Specialist Technical Certificate (T.C.) provide the foundational skills needed to be prepared for employment in logistics, warehousing and transportation positions.
- Workforce Certificate - Global Logistics and Supply Chain Technology: The Global Logistics and Supply Chain Technology Workforce Certificate (W.C.) is designed to educate, train and prepare students for careers in logistics business environments.
The Fire Academy of the South (FAS) Programs
Workforce Development Programs
- Environmental Workforce Development & Job Training (14 days): This job training program provides free environmental job training to eligible participants that will facilitate the creation of employment in emergency response, Superfund & Brownfields site remediation as well as other environmental and green industrial jobs. This program targets unemployed or under employed (20 hours or less a week) participants in North Florida. The program include:
- First Aid/CPR/AED
- Industrial Hygiene
- Storm Water Erosion
- Water Sampling
- Integrated Pest Management
- EPA HAZMAT Technician
- LEAD Renovator
- Asbestos Awareness
- Mold Awareness
- Oil Spill
- Disaster Site Supervisor
- FEMA Certifications
- Arc Flash NFPA 70e
- Fire Safety Extinguisher
- OSHA Construction Safety
- Fall Protection
- OSHA General Industry
- Maritime Safety
- Confined Space
The mission of Florida State College at Jacksonville is to provide optimal access to high quality, affordable and relevant degree, career and community education to enhance the lives of our students and the economic development of Northeast Florida. Florida State College at Jacksonville is a values-driven institution of higher education committed to ensuring that every student has an extraordinarily positive overall experience.
- Campus: The Downtown Campus is centrally located in the heart of Jacksonville on West State Street. It is easily accesible by bus and the skyway station. Because of its unique programs and convenient location, students are attracted to the Downtown Campus from all areas of the city. Jacksonville is one of the largest city in terms population and land area and part of the Florida state.
- Accreditation: Florida State College is a division of Florida State College at Jacksonville. Florida State College at Jacksonville is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS) to award the baccalaureate and associate degree.
- Job Training Grant: Florida State College at Jacksonville has been named one of only 72 community colleges in the country to be awarded a million President's Community-based Job Training Grant out of a total 5 million nationwide.
- Rankings: Florida State College at Jacksonville ranks fifth in associate degrees awarded in Liberal Arts and Sciences, General Studies and Humanities by Community College Week in June 2010
- Student Success: More than 5,800 students earned bachelor or associate degrees or certificates in 2009-2010, up from 5,600 in 2008-2009. GED and Adult High School graduates at Florida State College at Jacksonville totaled more than 2,070 in 2009-2010, up from 1,400 for 2008-2009.
LAST UPDATED ON Oct 12, 2018