Transportation & Logistics Education at UNG Coggin College of Business & UNF Division of Continuing Education in Jacksonville
Established in 1972, University of North Florida (UNF) is a young university and has expanded from a handful of buildings at the end of a dirt road to a thriving campus with five colleges in a bustling section of Jacksonville. Yet UNF retains its small-campus feel, helped by its location amid beautiful lakes and nature trails. The campus also is midway between downtown Jacksonville and the Atlantic Ocean, which adds to the appeal of its location.
In addition to its strong academic programs, UNF makes financial sense. The Princeton Review ranked UNF the 5th best value among public colleges and universities and Consumers Digest named UNF No. 7 on its list of best values for public colleges and universities in the United States.
The Coggin College of Business is the business school at the University of North Florida. About 3,800 students are enrolled in the college, including undergraduate and graduate students. Programs are offered in the fields of Accounting, Economics, Finance, Financial Services, International Business, Management, Marketing and Transportation and Logistics. The Coggin College of Business is one of UNF's three original colleges.
- BBA in Transportation and Logistics: The UNF Transportation and Logistics Flagship Program prepares students for challenging careers in supply chain management, international logistics, transportation, materials management, and physical distribution just to mention a few. This program qualifies Transportation and Logistics graduates for the American Society of Transportation and Logistics (ASTL) certification (Certified in Transportation and Logistics - CTL) blanket waiver, a designation given to only 30 academic affiliates nationwide. The UNF curriculum emphasizes the perspective of logistics as an integrated part of Supply Chain Management. Students are exposed to courses in information systems, quantitative methods, transportation, warehouse management, distribution, international logistics, logistics management, subsystems, and a Capstone in Supply Chain Management. Students are encouraged to complete a semester long internship or work part-time with a company engaged in logistics and/or supply chain management to provide practical experience and opportunities to apply their education to problems and issues in business.
UNFCE Ed2go Online Training
The University of Florida Distance & Continuing Education (UNFCE) has been offering distance learning courses since 1919.
- Distribution and Logistics Management (6 Weeks Access / 24 Course Hrs): Discover how to improve distribution and logistics management activities, reduce costs, save time, increase customer satisfaction, and better meet your company's objectives. This course will show you how to achieve success through a combination of distribution and logistics strategies and tactics.
- Supply Chain Suite (72 Course Hrs): Purchasing Fundamentals; Distribution and Logistics Management; and Supply Chain Management Fundamentals.
- Manufacturing Applications (6 Weeks Access / 24 Course Hrs): Understand the true meaning of productivity and how to improve it. This course will help you learn to apply the principles and concepts of manufacturing to increase customer satisfaction and help your company become more efficient and productive.
- Supply Chain Management Fundamentals (6 Weeks Access / 24 Course Hrs): Learn what it takes to be a successful supply chain manager. This course will prepare you for internationally recognized certification examinations by teaching you how to create demand forecasts, develop schedules, manage inventory, control production orders, and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Plus more
.Make best use of the lockdown season!
Customized Executive Training Programs
Warehouse & Certification
- Warehouse Associate Certification
- Introduction to Supply Chain Management
- The ABC’s of Warehouse Operations
- Warehouse Management Safety
- Warehouse Worker Safety
- OSHA Safety & Health Certification
Logistics & Supply Chain
- Introduction to Logistics: Basics
- Developing and Implementing Partnerships in the Supply Chain
- International Logistics & Distribution Management
- Inventory Management Concepts: From Basics to Strategy
- Logistics Management
- Logistics Performance Measurement
- Returns Management and Reverse Logistics
- Introduction to Supply Chain Management
- Modeling the Integrated Supply Chain
- Supply Chain Strategies
- Supply Chain Management: Planning for Effective Operations
- Export / Import and the Supply Chain
- Third Party Logistics (Outsourcing)
- Transportation & Logistics Overview
- Transportation Management
With the increasing strength of the academic programs, UNF is attracting a student body with a correspondingly higher academic profile and, at the same time, meeting the demands for greater access to higher education through measured growth in the size of ther student body. In fall 2009, 16,641 students enrolled in coursework on the campus, creating the largest student body in the University's history. And the freshmen who enrolled in the fall term had an average SAT score of 1199, making UNF one of the most competitive institutions in Florida.
- Campus: Since 2006, every new campus building has been constructed to meet the standards of the U.S. Green Building Council for Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED), demonstrating UNF’s commitment to the environment. The Jacksonville campus is nestled among 1,381 acres of trees, trails and lakes.
- Accreditation: The University of North Florida is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award baccalaureate, masters, and doctorate degrees. The undergraduate and graduate programs of Coggin College of Business are endorsed and acknowledged by the distinctive accreditation of AACSB International, the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business.
- Student Life: There are plenty of opportunities for UNF Ospreys to get involved in activities that complement the classroom experience. Students can: , Participate in Student Government, Join one of the more than 140 clubs and organizations, Belong to one of 24 fraternities or sororities, and, Live in one of the six residence hall complexes.
- Career Services: Career Services encourages you to accept personal responsibility for a lifelong process of career development. This process includes: self-assessment, career exploration, experiential learning, and implementation of appropriate strategies to achieve satisfying educational, professional and personal goals. The Center bridges the gap between academia and the world of work. Career Services wants to engage you in a total career and life-planning process that can be used for any future change in career path or employment.
- Logistics Internships: The internship is designed to provide the student with significant experience in transportation and logistics management. The internship provides the student with an opportunity to apply their educational background to logistical issues confronted by cooperating firms. Prior approval of the logistics program director and the department chair is required.
- Job-shadowing Program: Job shadowing is an academically motivating activity designed to give UNF students a close look at real–world issues in the business community, and to understand why they have to learn and understand specific aspects of the curriculum. This program involves an effort by the Transportation and Logistics faculty to match students with “career mentors” as they go through a “normal day” in the workplace. The students are able to see firsthand how the skills learned in school relate to the workplace.