Type-Specific ECDIS Training, Navigation, Shipping Law, Vessel Performance & Efficiency, Yachting and Leisure Chartplotter & Other Maritime Courses and Assessments Online
Founded in 2009, Safebridge with its main office is located in Hamburg, Germany, the third largest seaport in Europe and the leading logistics metropolis. Established as one of the leaders in the maritime industry, Safebridge now offers a complete chain of digital competence management solutions.
The company provides intuitive and highly interactive online training, modern, rank and industry-specific assessments and a revolutionary approach to managing digital certificates and the associated workflows.
Following the strictest industry standards and legal regulations, the company ensures the highest quality of its products and services, with cutting edge IT solutions for E-Learning, E-Assessment and E-Certification.
The ECDIS training is interactive by using the original ECDIS software and documented by manufacturer approved certifications. Complies with international training regulations, the training packages allow flexible allocation of the training to the officers.
Type-Specific ECDIS Training
- The type-specific training course provides officers with the system knowledge required to use this ECDIS for watchkeeping in accordance with the regulations of STCW and the ISM Code.
- The guided tutorial, with duration of approx. 16 hours, covers the equipment familiarization requirements of IMO Model Course 1.27 and MCA MCA MIN-503(M) for the functions and controls.
- The courseware includes a final test of no more than 1-hour duration, which can also be repeated, leading to an individual certificate.
- Consilium ECDIS G2
- Consilium S-ECDIS
- Consilium ECDIS Selesmar
- JRC JAN 901B/701B/2000
- JRC JAN 9201/7201
- Kelvin Hughes Manta Digital ECDIS
- Martek Marine iECDIS
- NG Sperry Marine VisionMaster
- Raytheon Anschütz Synapsis ECDIS NX
- Raytheon Anschütz Synapsis ECDIS
- Simrad E5024
- Simrad MARIS ECDIS900
- Tokyo Keiki EC-8100/8600
- Wärtsilä NaviSailor 4000 by Transas
- Wärtsilä SAM ECDISPILOT Platinum
- Wärtsilä CHARTPILOT
- IMTECH SeaGuide
- ChartWorld eGlobe G2
Other ECDIS Courses
- ECDIS Basics: This is the first training course created for officers who are looking for an easy-to-follow supplement or refresher to the IMO generic course (IMO Model Course 1.27) and anyone requiring knowledge of the general features of ECDIS.
- ChartBrowser: The ChartBrowser course provides officers with the deeper software knowledge required for efficient chart selection, management and automatic routing. ChartBrowser is a digital chart application of ChartWorld which allows to find, select and collect different chart products corresponding to a calculated route, to manage an already existing chart inventory and to send a product order to your agent or directly to ChartWorld.
- ECDIS Training for Maritime Pilots: The ECDIS Training for Maritime Pilots is a tailored course that addresses the particular needs of the Pilots while operating the ECDIS equipment.
- Mastering Daily Navigation: This course combines essential aspects that every officer of the watch should know, with practical onboard scenarios. Furthermore, it focuses on refreshing necessary knowledge to ensure safe navigation and give every officer the ability to identify and judge navigational situations accurately.
- Safe Navigation in Confined Waters: Equip yourself with the necessary knowledge to carry out vessel passage planning and to execute pilotage in confined waters safely. Take part in carefully selected practical scenarios that will place everything into the context of a modern bridge for the ultimate 360° view of the topic.
Shipping Law Courses
- UK Legal and Administrative Processes (UKLAP Grade 2): The course is suitable for non-UK officers working on board vessels registered in the UK who do not hold a UK Certificate of Competency (CoC) and must have a Certificate of Equivalent Competency (CEC). MSN 1867(M) states that all Chief Mates, Chief Engineers and Second Engineers need to have knowledge of UKLAP in order to enable safe and efficient vessel operation in compliance with UK regulations.
- German Shipping Law: Safebridge GmbH is authorized by the Federal Maritime and Hydrographic Agency (BSH) and by the Federal Ministry of Transport and Digital Infrastructure (BMVI), to provide approved training and qualifying examinations for German Maritime Law as per § 21/2 of the Ships Officers’ Training Regulations.
Vessel Performance & Efficiency Courses
- SkySails Vessel Performance Manager (V-PER): The Vessel Performance Manager or V-PER provides the crew onboard a vessel with relevant and reliable real-time information, to support them in decision making.
- ε-ORB maritime software: The maritime application ε-ORB was designed in accordance with MARPOL requirements and holds several certificates issued by Classification Societies under MARPOL Annex I reg 17 & 36, as well as MEPC.1/Circ. 736/Rev. 2 and relevant IMO requirements.
- Introduction to PortCDM: PortCDM is an organizational concept aimed at enabling more predictable timings and operations in sea transport by building unified and standardized data exchange protocols.
Other Courses and Assessments
- Maritime English Reading Test
- Maritime English Listening Test
- Maritime English Proficiency Test
- MET-3S: Soft Skills for Seafarers
- MET-CSS: Cognitive Skills for Seafarers
- Impulse Control and Anger Management
- Listening Skills and Understanding Others
- Assertive Communication Skills
- Achievement Drive
- COVID-19 Precautions for the Maritime Industry
- Self-Management - Seafarer Achievement Striving Training
- Self-Management - Seafarer Self-Sufficiency Training
- Self-Management - Seafarer Dependability Training
- Self-Management - Seafarer Flexibility Training
- Self-Management - Seafarer Openness to Experience Training
- Coping Under Pressure - Seafarer Coordination Training
- Coping Under Pressure - Seafarer Self-Control
- Coping Under Pressure - Seafarer Decision-Making Training
- Coping Under Pressure - Seafarer Perseverance Training
- Coping Under Pressure - Seafarer Resilience
- Interpersonal Skills - Seafarer Social Skills Training
- Interpersonal Skills - Seafarer Negotiation Training
- Interpersonal Skills - Seafarer Assertiveness Training
- Seafarer Growth Package
- SafeMetrix Competency-Based Interview Guidelines
Yachting and Leisure Courses
- B&G Zeus 2: The Zeus 2 is a chartplotter navigation system especially designed for sailing. During this course, the use of the chartplotter is explained: basic operation of the device, standard functions, application for blue water cruisers, specific use of advanced applications for regatta racers.
- B&G Vulcan: In this course the use of the chartplotter and all its function will be explained: starting from the basic operation of the device through standard functions and application for blue water cruisers, to specific use of advanced applications for regatta racers.
- SIMRAD NSS Evo2: The NSS Evo2 is a chartplotter navigation system that is explicitly tailored for power boats and sport fishing. Throughout this course, you will learn how to handle the various functions and how to proficiently manage the system; from the basic operation of the device to standard functions and application for cruising.
- Lowrance HDS: Become an expert with Lowrance HDS Gen 3, one of the best fishfinder and chartplotter devices, by enrolling in this course.
- Yacht Chef - The Essentials: Yacht chefs must be extremely organized and have excellent knowledge of HACCP (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point) rules. They should be able to manage the food budget, have an extensive repertoire of international cuisine, and deal with the galley accounts.
- Yacht Chef - Mastering Guests Preferences: As a professional Yacht Chef, your ability to understand and prepare for your guests' unique demands is the key to ensuring their satisfactory experience onboard. Doing this requires adequate food preparation and planning, depending on their nationality, age, religion, health conditions and of course, dietary requirements.