Supply Chain Management Education at Mississippi State College of Business, Starkville MS
Mississippi State University (MSU) is a comprehensive, doctoral-degree-granting university offering to a diverse and capable student body a wide range of opportunities and challenges for learning and growth; to the world of knowledge, vigorous and expanding contributions in research, discovery, and application; and to the State and its people in every region, a variety of expert services.
Mississippi State University is designated as a Doctoral/Extensive institution by the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching. It is representative of the American Land-Grant tradition and distinctive in its own character and spirit, born of its Mississippi heritage and the vision and loyal perseverance of those who have labored in its development.
The College of Business, organized in 1915, is the oldest college of business in the state and one of the oldest in the South. The College offers degree programs that lead to bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral degrees. Distance learning through interactive classrooms and Internet courses is another avenue available to pursue course work for College of Business students.
- BBA in Marketing with Supply Chain Management Concentration: The supply chain management concentration at Mississippi State University prepares students for leadership positions in transportation, logistics and supply chain management functions for business and industry. The United States has one of the world's most highly developed logistics infrastructures, giving consumers and businesses access to an enormous variety of goods and services. Transportation professionals use this infrastructure to serve customers quickly and efficiently, taking charge of decisions affecting the transporting , warehousing, and order processing of raw materials, purchased parts and finished goods that are needed in the society.
MS STATE Features
An able faculty, drawn from the best institutions in all parts of the nation, strive earnestly to demonstrate excellence in teaching, while producing in their specialized studies scholarly books, articles, and conference papers that gain respect for themselves, the University, and the state. Thus they ensure for their students instruction that is in immediate touch with current knowledge and thought. A body of energetic researchers, both faculty and other, assisted by an effective research administration, places Mississippi State among the first one hundred universities in the nation in research and development in the sciences and engineering.
- Campus: Mississippi State University forms part of a cohesive town-university community with the growing agricultural-commercial-industrial town of Starkville. Located in the eastern part of north-central Mississippi, it is 125 miles northeast of Jackson and 23 miles west of Columbus.
- Accreditation: Mississippi State University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges, Inc. to award baccalaureate, masters, specialist, and doctorate degrees. The College of Business at Mississippi State University is accredited by AACSB International - The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business.
- Shackouls Honors College: The Honors College exists primarily to offer outstanding academic experiences to highly qualifi ed students. Courses applicable to every degree program are available through the Honors College, and Honors students benefi t from priority scheduling in pre-registration. The small Honors sections differ from regular sections by focusing on individualized instruction and allowing a more interactive learning environment.
- Cooperative Education: The Cooperative Education Program is a special way of going to college. Increasing numbers of students in various fields are taking advantage of the opportunity the program offers for combining practical experience with formal schooling in a fi ve-year program of alternating semesters of study and gainful work with a cooperating employer. For the qualified student, the program can provide an expanded college education and a direct avenue to a career.
- Study Abroad: Many MSU faculty and staff from all colleges plan and implement their own study abroad programs and students receive MSU credit. These programs are held during summer, winter, and spring break, and are comprised of mostly MSU students. For some language programs, students study at other universities, but still receive MSU credit.
- Student Housing: Contributing to the U’s academic prestige are 20 Nobel Laureates, 86 Guggenheim Fellows, and 2 MacArthur “Geniuses” on campus.
- Student Housing: Mississippi State University is committed to providing its students with a comprehensive educational experience. The University has determined that for most four-year students, living on-campus, as compared to off-campus living, has numerous educational and social benefits. In recognition of the value of the living-learning experience associated with on-campus living, Mississippi State University requires first-year students to live in on-campus residence halls.
- Career Center: The MSU Career Center, through quality programs, events and services, empowers individuals to develop skills that will enhance professional preparation oriented toward careers. The Career Center also serves as a catalyst between employers, students and alumni by offering on-campus interviewing and networking opportunities as well as relevant work experiences prior to graduation.
LAST UPDATED ON July 18, 2018